Can you please help me identify this sailboat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2011
MacGregor 26D Boston
I'm trying to identify what this sailboat is. I'm told it is 65' long, but that is all I know. It looks like it's from the 70's or late 60's of fiberglass construction.

UPDATE: The owner said it may be 50' long instead (he's not sure), it is 20-30 years old and that it is named the "Connie". He said it was used as a Missionary Sailboat and that it does have a CG number (he doesn't know that that number is).

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
A very rare early model Noah's Ark reproduction?

Seriously, I'd say it's either home made or drastically modified - is there no registration number molded into the hull?

Tim R.

May 27, 2004
Caliber 40 Long Range Cruiser Portland, Maine
Which end is which? I think that is the stern but does the cabin actually get taller in the bow? Any more photos?

I sincerely hope you are not planning on buying.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
I'm going to need more proof that that's a sailboat.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
UUUhhhhh.. I am not saying anything. Is it free but ya have to send $4000 to Nigeria to get the title cleared?

Dec 28, 2011
MacGregor 26D Boston
kloudie1 said:
UUUhhhhh.. I am not saying anything. Is it free but ya have to send $4000 to Nigeria to get the title cleared?
No it's really free.
I saw it on CraigsList, if you live near San Diego, and you want it, just contact the guy in this ad: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/boa/2795523187.html

Keep in mind, the owner said:
1) No engine
2) No mast or sails
3) No title
4) At least two cracks in the fiberglass, one in the hull, and one on the keel (and probably more than two). So this would only be worth it for someone who knows how to do their own fiberglass work.
5) A truck can be backed in to where it's located to pick it up.

If you talk to the owner and figure out what type of boat it is, please come back and tell us.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
No it's really free.
Yes indeed .. there is a reason for that too ..
Seriously, it looks like someone modified a double ender to be a tug/trawler type displacement power boat.. I have never seen one shaped like that .. Not to say i have seen every boat, just saying that it may be highly modified or built from a kit hull .. More pictures would be a plus, Mac..

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
If the "owner" can't even tell you it's length............ GTF out of there!

It looks like a parade float to me....

Dec 30, 2009
jeanneau 38 gin fizz sloop Summer- Keyport Yacht Club, Raritan Bay, NJ, Winter Viking Marina Verplanck, NY
The tonnage, length, and beam look correct, look around inside for the doc#'s .....Red

Dec 28, 2011
MacGregor 26D Boston
Well then here is the "Connie" list from the USCG Vessel ID list.
http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/st1/CoastGuard/VesselByName.html
Based on the list you provided, and based on the fact that I know it's port was San Diego, it could be the one below except that the issue date below was 2006, and this boat has been out of the water for 10 years. Also, in that picture the boat looks a lot bigger than 33.6, and the owner claims that there is so much room inside that the first owner had a Grand Piano in there. No way a Grand Piano could fit on a 33.6. Don't ask me what a Grand Piano was doing on a boat, but I'm thinking it was once used to entertain back in the 70's-80's

Maybe that list of "Connies" is only the ones currently listed while ours has probably been expired 10 years.
http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/pls/webpls/cgv_pkg.vessel_id_list?vessel_id_in=1174870
Vessel Name: CONNIE USCG Doc. No.: 1174870
Vessel Service: RECREATIONAL IMO Number: *
Trade Indicator: Recreational Call Sign: *
Hull Material: FRP (FIBERGLASS) Hull Number: HUN332731697
Ship Builder: * Year Built: *

Length (ft.): 33.6
Hailing Port: SAN DIEGO CA Hull Depth (ft.): 5.2
Owner: Hull Breadth (ft.): 11
Gross Tonnage: 7
Net Tonnage: 6
Documentation Issuance Date: July 28, 2006 Documentation Expiration Date: August 31, 2007
Previous Vessel Names: No Vessel Name Changes Previous Vessel Owners: CHARLES R SEATON
CHARLES R SEATON

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
wasn't someone talking about burying a boat in the desert for a home... this is the perfect candidate.

or a liveaboard in sausalito

Status
Not open for further replies.