Can you identify this boat ?

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Someone was building this boat, but moved away thus summer and left it behind, due to the distance he moved.

Any idea what design it is ?

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Dyslectic carpenter with a bunch of plywood cut-offs making a copy of "Spray", maximum number of seams on hull and deck.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
reminds me of the Coasties boat designed to go turtle and come right back up.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Maybe some weird "design it yourself" boat... or one of the many atypical design plans I've seen.

To my inexperienced eye it looks like it was being built with multiple layers of wood + epoxy in pieces to handle the compound curves like a canoe. Cold molding ? the guy who has the "boat" now said it was supposedly going to have a doghouse on top of the hatch. With that tiny cockpit it looks like the builder intended it for rough conditions.

I should post this on a wood boat forum, not one that seems mainly frequented by owners of production Javex bottles.
Any suggestions where ?

If no local boat building nut wants it, it may become someones playhouse. It would be cool with it's mast stepped, flying a pirate flag, in some kids backyard.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Are you gonna finish building it?
Lord no!!. The only boat I'd want to build would be metal, for high latitudes, and even then.. I figure "that" is for people who would rather build than go sailing. Like restoring old cars, it is almost always cheaper and
faster to buy the completed item.

There are enough completed projects, being sold by someone either too old, too sick, too divorced, etc. at prices of 10 cents on the dollar, to bother with building your own and losing money by the boatload.

Last edited:

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Lord no!!. The only boat I'd want to build would be metal, for high latitudes, and even then.. I figure "that" is for people who would rather build than go sailing. Like restoring old cars, it is almost always cheaper and
faster to buy the completed item.

There are enough completed projects, being sold by someone either too old, too sick, too divorced, etc. at prices of 10 cents on the dollar, to bother with building your own and losing money by the boatload.
Smart man!