Can anyone Id this?

Dec 25, 2018
ODay 34 262 Galesville MD
Hey, all. I have had this part since I got my O'Day 34 some years ago, but I cant for the life of me figure out what it is. So if you know or just want to guess, all responses are welcome.

Attachments

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
I was able to open it using Firefox. Anyway, I also have one from the PO. I believe it is a type of bosun chair. Not one I would use, however.

Oct 11, 2008
- - Waterford
Made by CalJune (JimBuoy). Likely a boom vang strap. Circa 1970's-1980's. A similar product was offered by NicroFico, Merriman and others. Wrap it around the boom so you can secure a vang system.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
to secure it to the boom so it does not fall off while securing the block and tackle

Dec 25, 2018
ODay 34 262 Galesville MD
Wow, great humor and I think Stephen got it right with the boom vang strap idea. that was a bit of fun.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Most boom vang straps I've seen have a nice wide part that goes over much more of the boom to spread the load. I believe that is a part of a harness.

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
Looks like a vang strap we used in the Marblehead-Halifax race. Imagining "a nice wide strap to spread the load" conjures up a strap that is tight on one side and loose on the other much of the time. The load is not straight down and spread evenly if the vang is attached to the rail and the sail is 'way out for going downwind. How would a wide strap spread the load any more than a thinner strap in such a situation?