Can answer questions about Tattoo Yachts

Sep 25, 2008
We have been a MacGregor dealer since 1977 and are now representing Tattoo Yachts. If you have questions about the Tattoo 26 and Tattoo 22 I will try my best to answer your questions. We do have the new Tattoo 26 in stock and have done a complete inspection, so ask away. John Gerber, Super Sport

Sep 25, 2008
Tattoo is projecting around the first of the year (2014) and the price will be near the price of the Tattoo 26. The Tattoo 22 will be made of epoxy as compared to the fiberglass 26. The advantage is greater strength and 1/3 less weight. It will be a much stronger and lighter boat. Epoxy construction is more expensive but you use less material by weight.

Sep 25, 2008
A new feature of the Tattoo 26 is the deck mast step plates each have two organizer holes on each side for turn blocks. No longer do we need to drill the deck to attach turn blocks for halyards aft to the cockpit.

Yosi

Apr 22, 2012
Unsure Unsure Florida
only option listed is VHF. Start adding options, delivery charges, and taxes and you get to my quoted price. If you want one now, Mike Inmon may still have Mac left in inventory at about $5K less than a Tattoo. There were a few when I visited him in Newport Beach earlier this year. I compared his quote to a quote I got directly from Tattoo.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
only option listed is VHF. Start adding options, delivery charges, and taxes and you get to my quoted price. If you want one now, Mike Inmon may still have Mac left in inventory at about $5K less than a Tattoo. There were a few when I visited him in Newport Beach earlier this year. I compared his quote to a quote I got directly from Tattoo.
Oh, I assumed these listed items were options:
2013 Tohatsu 50hp Outboard
Trailer w/Surge Brakes
Tattoo Blue Hull,
Main & Genoa Sail,
Sheets & Blocks
CDI Roller Furling System
Mast Raising System
(2) 12 Gallon gas tanks
Self-Contained Marine Head (Port-a-Potti)
Sunshade
Main Sail Cover
VHF Radio w/ Antenna
Swim Ladder
Outboard bar and connector to link engine to rudder

Yes add tax, FOB Stockton Springs, Maine.

Sep 25, 2008
I have listed a well-equipped new Tattoo 26 with trailer. The freight will be determined by your location.

2014 Tattoo 26 with White Hull
Aluminum trailer, deluxe with surge brakes
60 HP Evinrude engine

Additional Options:
Boarding and swim ladder
Cockpit Seat Cushions
Cockpit Sunshade
Fresh Water Shower at Transom
Jib cover for roller furling
Jib with sheet and blocks
Mainsail cover
Mast raising system
Roller Furling System for jib
Self-contained Head, standard size
Table filler Cushion
Twelve Gallon fuel tanks

$37,355 plus freight and dealer prep

Tattoo blue hull with white stripes, add $650

If you wish additional information please contact john@supersail.com

Jan 22, 2008
Fed up w/ personal attacks I'm done with SBO
I'm still on medical oxygen after hearing either price. Sorry guys, so as not to offend I'll keep my opinions to myself.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking: Yes, please do. :D

Yosi

Apr 22, 2012
Unsure Unsure Florida
Jackdaw, I would consider these part of the boat, although you are right since both companies list these as options (do you want steering wheel with that car?). I just assume everyone get those options. Some of the "real" options I was going to add (but decided not to buy the boat) are furller system for main sail (standard on all Mike's boats), shore power, stereo, stern shower, anchor w rode, maybe more, but that's all I remember now. Came to about $43K without delivery. I was going to tow it home myself.

Nov 8, 2010
I'm still on medical oxygen after hearing either price. Sorry guys, so as not to offend I'll keep my opinions to myself.
Well, it's HALF the price of a new Beneteau First 25s or Catalina 275. If it fills someone's requirements, its a good deal.

Nov 8, 2010
Jackdaw, I would consider these part of the boat, although you are right since both companies list these as options (do you want steering wheel with that car?). I just assume everyone get those options. Some of the "real" options I was going to add (but decided not to buy the boat) are furller system for main sail (standard on all Mike's boats), shore power, stereo, stern shower, anchor w rode, maybe more, but that's all I remember now. Came to about $43K without delivery. I was going to tow it home myself.
Gotcha. For sure most people would want everything on that list and most would buy it that way. But someone will want a different VHF, portapottie, sails from a local loft etc.

Dec 8, 2007
-mac 26M -26M tucson-san carlos mx
quite a price increase from the 19999.00 price point for my 2008 which came out of the same mold. ouch!!!!!!

Sep 25, 2008
The base price of the 2014 Tattoo 26 with trailer is $24,900 and many upgrades have been included in this price.

Aluminum trailer that will tow better
Sternrails for the cockpit
Halyards to the cockpit
Pressurized water system
Full batten mainsail
Lighter and brighter interior finish
LED interior lights
New style dinette table with storage
New design for steering pedestal

The overall value of the Tattoo 26 is amazing. All you would need to add to the base price of $24,900 would be a headsail (jib for $335) and any used motor you may have that would get it on and off the trailer and you have a complete boat. Sure, many of us may enjoy the additional options but for a complete basic boat you cannot beat the value.

Mar 22, 2013
Macgregor 26s Carter's Creek, VA
I would love to see tattoo make a 26 the is strictly sail, something very similar to the 26s at the same price point. I would put my order in Monday morning.

Dec 8, 2007
-mac 26M -26M tucson-san carlos mx
The base price of the 2014 Tattoo 26 with trailer is $24,900 and many upgrades have been included in this price.

Aluminum trailer that will tow better
Sternrails for the cockpit
Halyards to the cockpit
Pressurized water system
Full batten mainsail
Lighter and brighter interior finish
LED interior lights
New style dinette table with storage
New design for steering pedestal

The overall value of the Tattoo 26 is amazing. All you would need to add to the base price of $24,900 would be a headsail (jib for $335) and any used motor you may have that would get it on and off the trailer and you have a complete boat. Sure, many of us may enjoy the additional options but for a complete basic boat you cannot beat the value.
I'll revise my statement. OOuch 45 thousand, that's quite abit more than the 32 thousand for a fully loaded w/motor 2008 that came from the same mold. And just to stay factual epoxy weighs the same as polyester, any weight savings your claiming (33%) would or could only come from the layup method i.e. vacuum-bagging or using carbon fiber. If you vacuum-bag polyester you will get the exact same weight savings and I know your not doing the whole boat out of carbon fiber so it must just be a sales pitch for the unknowing.

Nov 3, 2004
- - Biscayne Bay
It all depends on your point of view on the cost of sailing. Here's mine. Ten to twenty percent down. Finance for 15 years at 6 percent (standard boat loan) and your sailing for under 300 bucks a month. At todays prices that hardly covers dockage fees. I assume you'll be keeping your baby close to home where you can go out and pet her everyday. Ain't boat maintenance part of the joy of owning a boat?