Calling all Catalina 275 owners

F260SS

Oct 7, 2020
Catalina 275 Sport Grapevine
Did you give us the right link?
The boat in the link you gave isn't new, nor does it have inboard shrouds according to the pictures.
I didn't know any 275s were equipped with torqueero motors!
It looks like it has inboard shrouds. The shrouds are very close to the cabin window and there are links in the cabin. The boat also has in mast furling main.

Mar 11, 2014
Sure looks like the same boat Note the shrouds and Genoa track... Plus this bugga has an in mast main sail... Must really be high performance with the wing...
1611682487142.png

Nov 27, 2019
C&C 30. MK1 715 Lake Norman
Looks like a 275R for sure on deck.
I'm not a fan of in-mast furling, definitely not good for performance.
And the electric inboard? Was that a factory option? How big are the batteries and where are they located?
So many questions in my mind.
P.S. I totally agree with Codybear about the winch placement.

SVAcob

Apr 9, 2021
Catalina 275 Canaveral
Hi everyone. I am in the market for a Catalina 275 with the inboard diesel. My impression is that very few of these boats have been built since the model debuted. I am suspecting there are less than 100 hulls. Would anybody have any idea. I am also in the market for a new one as well. Do you know if there is any wiggle room on the prices from the dealer. They are pretty much 100K boats new these days?

Jun 6, 2016
Catalina 275 Wilmette, IL
Based on the discussion about the new shroud placement last year, I wouldn't be surprised if the number of C275's is closer to 60. I'm sure someone here has better information than I do. You may be able to get some discounts, but with Catalina's dealer structure of preventing you from shopping around, there is not much incentive to discount. Probably best to reach out to your local dealer for a price sheet, but after you add in accessories, delivery, tax, etc., $90-100k is probably a good guess. But I bought mine in 2014 so I'm out of date with prices.

If you are still looking in two years, there's currently a less than 50% chance mine may be on the market. That situation is in my wife's hands and we'll probably make that decision this summer.

SVAcob

Apr 9, 2021
Catalina 275 Canaveral
Thanks for the feedback. I was also looking for a 26 Capri as well as 27(0)'s. I want a boat that doesn't require any work for the first few years. I want worry free sailing on a smaller keelboat and yes it does have to have a head as my crew is made up of 4 women. If anybody else would like to chime in I would appreciate it.

Mar 11, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. I was also looking for a 26 Capri as well as 27(0)'s. I want a boat that doesn't require any work for the first few years. I want worry free sailing on a smaller keelboat and yes it does have to have a head as my crew is made up of 4 women. If anybody else would like to chime in I would appreciate it.
A boat with out work, wouldn't that be nice... even new they require something to keep them going... 275s are a great boat for what they are, their a nice day sailor. I'd agree there are likely less than 60 of them out there... but here is one up in NY https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2018/catalina-275-3675983/
There was another in Washington state on the site as well, looks like both have their sales pending

SVAcob

Apr 9, 2021
Catalina 275 Canaveral
I have been watching yacht world and have seen both these boats. They have been for sale for a several months and pending for a while as well. I will be ready to buy this summer.

Froudy

Apr 18, 2020
Catalina 275 Sag Harbor
Hi Folks, I am just completing a PHRF rating application for my local club. I am struggling to find dimensions for the stock asym. Anyone out there done a PHRF application that would be prepared to share data? I am sure I have seen this on a forum thread somewhere but I can't find it. Thanks!

PMK

Dec 3, 2016
Catalina 275S Annapolis, MD
Luff 38.01 ft, leech 35.40 ft, foot 21.50 ft. Let us know your rating.

Froudy

Apr 18, 2020
Catalina 275 Sag Harbor
Thanks so much PMK! I will let the forum know the results ... having been though all the threads i am not holding my breath!

Froudy

Apr 18, 2020
Catalina 275 Sag Harbor
Rating is back - 160 spin and 185 non-spin. I added the code 0 so got clipped for that.

Jul 24, 2021
Catalina 250WK Osterville
I am very seriously considering ordering a new Catalina 275. I have been sailing a Catalina 250WK (earlier WB) since 1996. It's a great boat, but I would like to upgrade to a diesel and other 275 features.

How does the 275 handle in the 15-20 knots and moderate high seas on Nantucket Sound?

Has anyone had trouble with the diesel or the rudder?

I single-hand mostly and installed coaming winches on the C250. Anything like that recommended for the 275?

Froudy

Apr 18, 2020
Catalina 275 Sag Harbor
Hi Osterville,
I am on my second season with a 275 and am very happy with it. I find the wind ranges you mention are a happy place. The boat moves along nicely in that range and i tend to reef if is it blowing consistently above 20. Over about 10 knots and i leave the asym in the locker but that may be my skill level rather than a boat limitation. I did add a code 0 that made a huge difference on light air days when beating. I sail mainly in Peconic bay so not so much big sea but I have been up to Rhode Island and Block Island and the boat was just fine.

I have seen a 275 with coaming winches and i thought about adding them but to be honest things are manageable without them. The Yanmar diesel is rock solid and I doubt if i spent more than $30 on fuel last season. No rudder issues although i did see on one of the threads someone lost one when the bolt came undone so i added some locktite to mine.

Good luck with your planned purchase!

Jul 24, 2021
Catalina 250WK Osterville
Thank you Froudy. Your experience is extremely helpful. Block Island Sound and Rhode Island Sound are good proxies for Nantucket Sound.

Based on your recommendation, I applied to our Harbormaster for permission to upgrade (required when increasing boat length).

If anyone else has any experience or suggestions as I order a new 275, I would value your comments.

Aug 13, 2021
Catalina 275 Sydney Harbour
Hello Australian 275 Owners! - I would like to join your crew :cool:

Being based on Sydney Harbour and would like to buy a 275
Crewing on Friday nights with RSYS and always admired Catalina 275 CIARA.
Is anybody contemplating selling?
Calling owners of Ciara, Cinnamon, and Boxing Roo and any others out there...
Noticed a 275 called Last Tango is currently on the market in Queensland on the Sunshine Coast but it would obviously be easier and faster to buy a local Sydney based yacht.

Please let me know if you have a 275 for sale or know anyone who does in Sydney, Thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018
Catalina 275 36 Sydney Harbour
Hello Australian 275 Owners! - I would like to join your crew :cool:

Being based on Sydney Harbour and would like to buy a 275
Crewing on Friday nights with RSYS and always admired Catalina 275 CIARA.
Is anybody contemplating selling?
Calling owners of Ciara, Cinnamon, and Boxing Roo and any others out there...
Noticed a 275 called Last Tango is currently on the market in Queensland on the Sunshine Coast but it would obviously be easier and faster to buy a local Sydney based yacht.

Please let me know if you have a 275 for sale or know anyone who does in Sydney, Thanks!
Hi mate, I'm pretty sure Ciara Cinnamon and Sapphire are the only three 275's on Sydney Harbour, I have no plan to sell Sapphire anytime soon. Agree an interstate purchase would be painfully slow with ongoing border closures right now.

Aug 13, 2021
Catalina 275 Sydney Harbour
Hi mate, I'm pretty sure Ciara Cinnamon and Sapphire are the only three 275's on Sydney Harbour, I have no plan to sell Sapphire anytime soon. Agree an interstate purchase would be painfully slow with ongoing border closures right now.
Hi thanks for reaching out - the Queensland C275 is likely the only one to come up anytime soon, I will attempt to get a qute and see if its at all possible to move yachts interstate during our interesting current times :cool:
Really love the look of your Sapphire - great looking blue hull - I was hoping yours would be the one!
20 years ago, I chose a light blue paint scheme on my Alan Payne designed launch to go around the windows...
Can you point me in the direction of CodyBears blog that I think you referred to - sounds interesting. Thanks

Attachments