Caladesi State Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Hi we are in Caladise state park and very nice so far not very many boats after all the power boats left sunday,we have electric and water hook ups it's great and very nice floating docks but for our H-36 it is very tight getting in and out of the slip for sure help at the dock is much neede which thank goodness we had and so banging anything.
Went into the channel and park entrance at high tide with our 5' draft had had good dept except one spot when we turn off ICW but did not touch,
looking forward to checking out the beach here today.
Nick

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Nice place, Nick.. The charts don't show much water there.. You guys must not draw a lot of water !

Jun 16, 2010
In search of my next boat Palm Harbor, FL
Caladesi, is a beautiful park, as is Honeymoon, Three Rooker, and Anclote... all in that order north of Caladesi. The other three are all anchorage only, and during the week will be almost vacant of people.

I am glad you like our area.

If heading south down the ICW watch the channel, it gets shallow REALLY quick. If heading north, allthough its good to stick to the channel, it is more forgiving, unless you are heading out at Anclote where there are some shoaling areas that are not marked, north of the channel.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Skinny

Shallow skinny water for sure so we went in at high tide and will do the same high tide when we leave wenesday,I draw 5' and after turning into the channel off ICW we did see 5'6'' one spot but did not tuch but the boat infront of me did bump once one same spot.
Heading to Tarpon Springs on wenesday.
Nick

Jun 16, 2010
In search of my next boat Palm Harbor, FL
Tarpon Springs is fun. I have lived there most of my life (although not Greek myself). Cant help you navigating Anclote River, I have only gone as far as marker 44 or 48 to have my boat pulled out, never all the way to the docks.

Status
Not open for further replies.