Cal Swing Keels

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Deturk

I'm interested what model Cal and possibly year is the Cal available in swing keel?

K

Ken Gezella

I don't think so

I am fairly sure that no model Cals were ever built with a swing Keel. The designer for most models was Bill Lampworth and he is known for Fin Keels and Skeg Rudders.

M

mvisser

Yes Cal made a swing keel

At least in 1972 Cal made a 21' with a swing keel. I know that for sure because I currently own one complete with original sales brouchure.

J

Jeff Knipps

1960 Cal - Jensen 24' has swing keel

Seeking more information on this boat., Have not been able to confirm with original specs and drawings, but believe this great sailing boat is the one described in the title. It has molded keel and spade rudder plus a swing keel. Does anyone know where we might find specs. on an older Cal?

R

Rusty Russell

Responce to Cal 24 Swing Keel

Jeff If you don't find any answers there you may want to log onto the Cal List and post your question there. They have a lot of 24 owners on the list that would be more than happy to help you. Instructions for doing so are on the Index page.... Rusty Russell '72 Cal 27 PT Hull # 139 Sail'n the Hudson

D

Douglas Perkins

swing keel

My Cal 24 has a ful length keel with a retractible dagger.

A

Al Searway

Cal 24 Swing Keel

I have a Cal 24 Swing Keel and have lost the Keel. Anyone know where I might get a keel or know the exact specs? I may have some overall specs on this boat.

D

Douglas Perkins

swing keel

Mine is missing the keel also. I talked to the previous owner that had raced this boat for years and he had lost the keel twice. The first time he just made a cardboard templete and had one made out of stainless, but he later lost it. Now he told me sence I am not planning to race it just seal up the pocked it was in and forget it.

A

Al Searway

Cal 24 Swing Keel

Thanks Doug for the reply. Do you know where the serial number may be located on this boat? I have some original specs, but cannot make out the numbers written on the specs for the keel.

D

Douglas Perkins

Serial number

No I can't find mine either. I was told they were on the back of the boat, but this is the second old boat I have bought, and there is no serial number. I bought the first one out of state so when I brought it to Texas they inspected it for a number, they could not find one and isued me one to put on the right rear.

S

steveFD

cal 21 swing keel

I have a 1970 cal 21 with a swing keel. It's a great little boat with a small cabin and a big cockpit. It really sails well and has nice lines. There is a website [see below] I hope this helps. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.