CAl 27 T2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2013
Cal T2 27 Fredericton
Hey all. I am looking for a replacement for the rub rail on my 1974 Cal Jensen Tall Mast 27.

Dec 2, 2003
Catalina C-320 Washington, NC
Re: pic

I can't find my records on my Cal purchases any longer, but I was able to buy enough to replace the rub rail on our T/2 around 2001. There was a very active Cal email list on the old Sailnet forum list. When that was taken over by new owners, many of the active members eventually migrated to the Cal_Boats on Yahoo Groups. While I no longer follow the group, I believe it may be still active and if someone can point you the current contact information for Seal Spars which I believe is where I bought our rail. If my memory is in error, they may be able to guide you more appropriately.

p.s. You need a good hair dryer and it is not a job for one person or for a cold day.

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
Seals Spars is one source, on the West Coast, but I know that CAL 25 owners (Charlie, "Chicken Little" especially!) are always talking about getting replacement rubrail from D&R Marine in Assonet. MA. Rudy Nickerson at D&R is the guy to talk to, he was the Parts Department Manager for O'DAY from 1973 to 1989 and now runs a little "Mom & Pop" store selling O'DAY Parts as well as some CAL and Pearson Parts.
He has a web site, www.drmarine.com but I don't know if he has that rubrail listed there, however.... a phone call will work better anyway (508) 644-3001 or fax: (508) 644-3002.
I've bought quite a bit of parts for my DS II from him over the years and would recommend D&R marine.

Worth a call at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.