Cal 2-25 Galley extension

Nov 11, 2013
Cal Cal 2-25 Sausalito
Just wanted to share a little progress on my winter project to extend the galley on my 1979 Cal 2-25. The project will add a lot more storage and counter space as well as give me a nice spot to install my single burner butane stove where it can be on a gimbal. I had to sacrifice a little seating space on the port settee, but I think the tradeoff is well worth it. Let me know your thoughts/ideas, and I'll try to send updates as the work progresses.

Here's what I drew that shows what (I hope) the finished galley will look like::stirthepot:

The progress so far:

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
Just wanted to share a little progress on my winter project to extend the galley on my 1979 Cal 2-25. The project will add a lot more storage and counter space as well as give me a nice spot to install my single burner butane stove where it can be on a gimbal. I had to sacrifice a little seating space on the port settee, but I think the tradeoff is well worth it. Let me know your thoughts/ideas, and I'll try to send updates as the work progresses.

Here's what I drew that shows what (I hope) the finished galley will look like:

The progress so far:

thats some good looking cabinet drawing work you did there ...may i ask what program you used to do this....

regards

woody

Nov 11, 2013
Cal Cal 2-25 Sausalito
Thanks! I drew up some quick plans in CAD and then just did a drawing in photoshop to make sure what worked on paper would look *right* installed.

Aug 16, 2009
1980 Cal 2-25 Mk 2 Carolina Marina
Here are some pictures of my expanded galley, on my Cal 2-225. It is simular to what you are doing. I noticed your main cabin ports have been changed to four opening ports. If you have any pictures of your boat, taken from the outside showing the ports I would be interested in seeing them. Also, when you changed your companion way over, from drop-boards to doors where did you mount your travler? John

Attachments

Oct 9, 2010
Cal 2-25 Santa Monica
Galley Expansion huh?

That's quite a nicely integrated cabinet. Looks like it was always there (at least in Photoshop). If you're familiar with the Cal 3-27, one of the optional interior layouts offered this same kind of accessory/stove cabinet.

Refurbishing my cabin interior is also on my To-Do list but I'm addressing
badly needed exterior aesthetics first, then move on to bringing up the interior.

It's so fun to see other's improvement projects...keep up the good work.

Imagineer...

Aug 16, 2009
1980 Cal 2-25 Mk 2 Carolina Marina
Woundering if A Zimmerman has finished his galley extension. I would like to see pictures of the it.