Caframo Sirocco Cabin Fan

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I have been lusting for one or two of these for a while. They seem to be a very good cabin fan with excellent low energy use (less than half of my cheapie two speed Wally Woild one)and three speeds and a timer. I refuse to pay $100 for a 12V cabin fan (my apologies, Phil) so I figured sooner or later, the price would get close to what I would pay for a cabin fan.. West Marine has them on sale for $60, which is still steep, in my opinion, but for what looks to be an excellent fan, I will pay that much.. There seems to be a bit of heat about lately, so it is a timely item to find at an excellent price.

RTB

Dec 2, 2009
Hunter 36_ 80-82 Kemah, Texas
We've got one in our v-berth. I installed it 4 years ago before we went cruising. So far, so good. It is quiet and puts out plenty of air. I love it.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Do not know about the Sirocco but I have one of these and it is great.

CAFRAMO
Two-Speed Compact 12V DC Fan

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
i have two bora fans by the same company and really like them ...would like to put a saracco in the v berth ...this may be the time to get one

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
The PO of my O'Day 322 put 2 of these fans in. Really great fans. Quiet, move lots of air, multiple speeds and they have a timer to turn off in 2-4-6 or 8 hours.

Greg

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
I have three.... One has a switch problem after 5 years. But they are nice. Will buy again

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
We have 2 over the bed in our cabin. I find them a bit noisy and hard to clean.
I've ordered a couple of computer case fans at a fraction the price and will install them over the bunk. I had one before and it blew tons of air and was completely silent. However, I don't know how well they will move air in a large space like a main salon. They do have larger ones, though I've not tried them.
Also O2 cool have several varieties of 12 volt 10" fans that use much less power than the ones you are considering. You'd have to hard wire them into a plug or such (cut off the 110vac adapter), and maybe mount them, but they are great for moving air in larger spaces. We love these fans.

Apr 24, 2006
Aloha 32 Toronto, Lake Ontario

CAFRAMO
Several cruisers forums rate these as the most air volume for the least current drain. We use two and they move a ton of air at 140ma draw.
They have version (747) that comes with both suction and permanent mount. Made in North America too.

Chris

Apr 25, 2012
MacGregor 19 Boca Raton, FL

CAFRAMO
Good to know, John. My oldest son got me one for my birthday and it's still in the package. Guess I need to find a place on the boat for it!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I don't see the Sirocco for sale for $60. more like $100 at WM :(
They don't look like they rotate sideways. Only fore and aft

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
If price is the issue I think you will be very happy with the Calframo Ultimate at $40. It moves a lot of air at low speed.

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
the 2 Caframo scirocco's have as their main advantage that you can program them forHi Lo medium speed and to turn themselves off after 2 4 6 or 8 hours. the entire support bracket moves through 180 degrees. within the support brackets, the fan will swivel 360 degrees. ours have lasted 8 years with no signs of incipient failure.

Dec 13, 2010
Hake 32RK Red Bank
I have two-installed 4 years ago. Quiet and move air the fan articulates in three axis. I will be adding one to the head

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I have two-installed 4 years ago. Quiet and move air the fan articulates in three axis. I will be adding one to the head
That would have been the first place to add one! ;)
Good to know about the 3 axis. I can't see them in the pic.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
The West Marine sale was Friday, Saturday, Sunday only..
Be aware too that there have been some reports of broken wires/connectors at the swivels.. I think Sumner posted that he'd had a problem that he easily fixed.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
... said:
The West Marine sale was Friday, Saturday, Sunday only....
Most likely West will have a bigger sale on Labor Day weekend.

Oct 5, 2010
Catalina 30 mkII St. Augustine
Justin_NSA said:
I don't see the Sirocco for sale for $60. more like $100 at WM :( They don't look like they rotate sideways. Only fore and aft
I have two. They are fully gimbaled. They move a lot of air and can be folded out of the way when not in use.