Cabin top accoutrements?

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina Capri-18 Dallas TX
We are looking at new sails and I'd like to add a 90-100% working jib.
Problem is the cabin top is pretty bare.
I need to add tracks, a winch, cleats...

Would some kind soul post pictures of a MK-II cabin top - where things are located?

It would sure help.

Richard

Mar 11, 2014
I recently did the same and got my working jib from Super Sail makers from FL. In the mean time while tracks would be best, I oppted to save a few $ and simply install blocks on a line even with the aft part of the mast as noted in this picture. As to winches while I have since installed them on the cabin top to control the halyards, whenever I use this sail, I run the sheet through these blocks down to the regular Jib blocks and then back to the winch. To me that's easier than running forward to tack. Any one who has an MKII that came with the performance package would have had all this installed as part of the delivery.

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
That's a cool work-around, Drew, but I'd still like to see how the performance setup looks...

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina Capri-22 Ottawa, Ontario
Here are some photos showing where I installed the jib tracks. This was on a Mk I, but it probably isn't that different on deck from a Mk II. And you can always add more pin stop holes in the track if necessary.

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Thank you, Tom.
I took picks of my boat today in almost the exact same places.
The differences are "interesting" (curves) but not that different.
I think I can make it work from that.

Jan 22, 2008
I pulled this from the Deck Plan PDF file.
It shows where on the curve of the cabin top the T-track is located - 1" below the break.

I'm curious about
how many bolts are used to secure the track?
Detail A-A (not on the pic) says 8 - two at each end of the track?

And that note that says, "Use barrel bolts"?

Attachments