Cabin sole Hunter 28.5

Jan 22, 2020
28.5 Hunter Navarre
I want to replace the sole on my Hunter 28.5
I live in the Destin/Pensacola area ( Navarre, Fl)
Can anybody recommend a carpenter ?

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Have you "sourced" the flooring material? I assume you want to use
Teak & Holly veneered plywood.

Jim L

Jun 13, 2012
Hunter 28.5 Kemah, Texas
Looking to change mine out at some point. Currently have the bilge ares under the soft spot filled with foam. I was told you can't pull the sole out in one piece, as can be seen with this photo I found.
DSC_4246.JPG

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
Looking to change mine out at some point. Currently have the bilge ares under the soft spot filled with foam. I was told you can't pull the sole out in one piece, as can be seen with this photo I found.
View attachment 177489
JimL I did my Hunter 31 several years ago. Houston Hardwood is the place to go. PM me if you want to talk about it.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
HMT2 and I both did our boats interior floors and sourced Houston hardwood For teak and holly. You can also check Kemah hardware. Not too difficult to do. Time consuming to remove cabinetry from wooden cleats that are used as tie down connections. Will defInitely need a small knobby Phillips head screwdriver To reach into hard to get to places. You can use the existing floors as templates when cutting teak/Holly plywood.

if OP is unable to locally source teak/holly plywood Locally in Navarre, you could use marine grade plywood and purchase over the internet teak/holly laminate similar to the old Formica countertops and glue this down to the plywood. Any question, like HMT2 send a PM.

Jim L

Jun 13, 2012
Hunter 28.5 Kemah, Texas
Did you also have to remove the cabinetry around the engine compartment? I need to replace the starboard side anyway.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
No, not on the 31. On the 31, I Had to remove the wooden strip that holds the companionway ladder in place That is screwed to the floor.

Jim L

Jun 13, 2012
Hunter 28.5 Kemah, Texas
No, not on the 31. On the 31, I Had to remove the wooden strip that holds the companionway ladder in place That is screwed to the floor.
Thanks guys that was helpful. I got another one anybody know how to get the screws back in for the main traveler on a 28.5? They are way up in the liner of the head area. I tried sticking at all thread with the nuts on it with glue on the end to glue them to the underside that didn’t work. Just impossible to jet to the starboard side.