Cabin sole finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2009
Yamaha 25, 33, 37 San Diego
Looks like Ultimate Sole is no longer available and after much research, I am wondering if I should just use a good Gim Floor finish...

Any coments?

Regards,

Ed Serra
Sarah V
Yamaha 37

Jun 20, 2009
I assume your floor is teak and holly, or teak. If so, you can use a good varnish or urethane.
Hi Bill:

Thanks for the input.

Yes, the sole is teak and holly. The concern I have using regular varnish is that when wet, it becomes a skating ring below. The Ultimate Sole product prevented slipping even when wet.

This is why I was thinking of a gim floor finish, if you think about it, the basketball courts, etc. are all varnished wood and there is no slipping when wet. I checked some of he manufacturers sites and suppossedly, the product has special chemicals to produce a non slip surface. You can also get them in high gloss or satin.

I still have time for this, want to do all the fresh coating on the other brightwork and the sole last (no accidental drips or spills ;-).

Thanks and regards,

Ed Serra
Sarah V
Yamaha 37

Feb 17, 2009
Yamaha 33 Port Shelter, Hong Kong
I really love a wooden floor, but I got totally sick of mine looking very tired and filthy...I went for carpet in my Y33: it acts as great sound insulation, comfortable under foot, not cold, not slippery, hides dirt (easily vaccumed), cheaper than replacing the wood and can be thrown away and replaced cheaply....been in there one year in hot and humid Hong Kong and looks the same as I when I put it in...very happy.

S

Attachments

Jun 20, 2009
I really love a wooden floor, but I got totally sick of mine looking very tired and filthy...I went for carpet in my Y33: it acts as great sound insulation, comfortable under foot, not cold, not slippery, hides dirt (easily vaccumed), cheaper than replacing the wood and can be thrown away and replaced cheaply....been in there one year in hot and humid Hong Kong and looks the same as I when I put it in...very happy.

S
Huummmmm That is a darn good idea.

I think I may do that on mine too.

Thanks!

Ed Serra

Status
Not open for further replies.