Cabin recessed light wiring diagram

KXL

Jun 8, 2021
Beneteau Oceanis 343 New London
We have a 2005 343, and one of the cabin lights is not working. I swapped the fixture with one that works, and that position is still out so I know it is the wiring. I pulled the wires as much as I could and did not find an issue. Any further troubleshooting guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Refer to pages 60+ for electrical circuit diagram in the manual in this link: GENERAL 12V SCHEMATIC continued - Beneteau 343 manual. Troubleshooting your boat's 12-volt lighting circuit is a stepwise process:

1. Replace the bulb...........you already did that
2. Check the circuit breaker switch is on and has not inadvertently tripped
3. Check the circuit fuse is not blown
4. Check the bulb and circuit voltage

You might find these articles on trobleshooting cabin lights helpful: Troubleshooting Your Boat’s 12-Volt DC Lights - Boat Trader Blog AND Why Did My Cabin Lights All Stop Working? - boats.com

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
The "Boats.Com" link above is a great primer for addressing the problem you have.

Loved this statement... "Start with the simple: First look for loose or disconnected wires, and for signs of corrosion at the termimals."

KXL

Jun 8, 2021
Beneteau Oceanis 343 New London
Refer to pages 60+ for electrical circuit diagram in the manual in this link: GENERAL 12V SCHEMATIC continued - Beneteau 343 manual. Troubleshooting your boat's 12-volt lighting circuit is a stepwise process:

You might find these articles on trobleshooting cabin lights helpful: Troubleshooting Your Boat’s 12-Volt DC Lights - Boat Trader Blog AND Why Did My Cabin Lights All Stop Working? - boats.com
Thanks for the references!

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
If you note from the original post he's already done all of this. It's a single circuit for all the lights and only one position is out; so, CB is on, circuit fuse - not sure what you mean by this, given circuit breaker - bulb, circuit voltage. All redundant to what he did.

He really just needs to find out where the wires to that lamp position are broken!