Cabin Dining Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2011
Catalina 310 San Diego
Hi, I bought a Catalina 310 a couple of months ago and am really happy with the boat. My problem is that the previous owner took the dining table top home to store it and it burned up in a fire. I plan on making a new table and I was hoping someone could send me some dimensions & pictures of the table if possible how it is secured in the aft berthing storage area. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Rafe ARnott

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
If I get down there this weekend, I will measure it out for you and take a few pics.

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
Rafe-

Here are some pics and diagrams. The pics are of:

1. Full Dinette Table Top
2. Full Dinette Table Bottom
3. Dinette Table Stored (can't get the pic to flip. it is upside down so save it and rotate it to see it better!)
4. Cocktail Table

I forgot to measure the height and diameter of the post. If you need it, I will probably get back to the boat next week.

The cocktail table has a plexiglass cover that lies on top of the white table top so it is flat. If you are underway and using cups, the plexiglass is removed and your cups are secure. Not sure if that cocktail table was from Catalina or something added by the PO. It is the one we use all the time though since we usually eat topsides or dockside. It allows for easier movement down below.

The table is stored on the shelf in the aft cabin, SB side. There should be a white plastic slot on the forward part of the shelf and one on the top part of the bulkhead just aft of the portlight. There is a hook and eye lock that holds it in. You can see the eye on the picture of the dinette table bottom and the hook should be above and forward of that same portlight.

Attachments

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
Table Has Angled Ends

This is so it is parallel to the seat, but can fit against the wall when it is in. Next time I get to the boat I will get the angle.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Re: Table Has Angled Ends

We found that the large dinette table was too big for us, and the cocktail table was too small for us, so we installed a medium sized table that was juuust right! It's a rectangular wooden table top from an older boat with raised edges that we secured to the cocktail table with hook-eyes. Best thing about it is that you can rotate the table 90 degrees and open the engine cover all the way. Very handy.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Sorry about the lack of pics. Andante is layed up for the winter in Quincy, MA, and I am back home on Maui for the winter. Perhaps next spring I can take a few pictures and post them. That will give me plenty of time to figure how to post a picture, since I haven't done it yet. Just an old sailor with a computer, lost on a sea of technical marvels.

Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
Just go to the advanced reply section and it is pretty easy, walks you right through it, after all I can figure it out -- most of the time..

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 310 Scott Creek, VA
I made a table smaller than the original which is easier to move around when trying to sit down. It is 24" x 44", with the base socket offset, so it can easily swing 90 degrees. Originally it just sat on top of the cocktail table, but since we never use the big one, I stole the socket from the big one and moved it to this one.

Attachments

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
I made a table smaller than the original which is easier to move around when trying to sit down. It is 24" x 44", with the base socket offset, so it can easily swing 90 degrees. Originally it just sat on top of the cocktail table, but since we never use the big one, I stole the socket from the big one and moved it to this one.
I like it! Good idea to use the socket from the big table. We are keeping the large table on board for now, just in case we invite another couple on board for dinner. Of course, most of the time, we eat and socialize in the cockpit. If we go another season without using the big table, I might just take it off the boat altogether.

Sep 27, 2011
Catalina 310 San Diego
Jack, Thanks for all the help. Sorry I'm late replying but the crud which will not let go has had me out of touch with most of reality for the last couple of weeks.

Thanks again,
Rafe

Status
Not open for further replies.