C310/315 IA Membership and BoatUS Discount Termination

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
As members of the C310/315 International Association know, our members have been receiving a discount on BoatUS memberships. Today I received notice from BoatUS that effective January 4, 2021 basic BoatUS Membership dues increased for the first time in 10 years to $25 annually. Unfortunately, with this dues increase BoatUS has also ended their Membership discount to "Cooperating Groups", such as the C310/315 IA. While they will continue to offer 10% off Unlimited On-the-Water towing services, members of C310/315 IA will no longer receive a discount on their BoatUS Memberships. Those C310/315 IA members who were recently asked to renew or recently renewed received a letter from me that still contained the information regarding the discount--that BoatUS discount is no longer applicable. Obviously, while disappointing this decision is outside the control of our organization. Please contact me directly if you have any questions.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
It appears that with GEICO now owning BoatUS all their prices have good up and discounts discontinued. I have been paying $25 a year for their basic membership which seems reasonable.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Pay the bean counters and admin, ignore the customers. Oh boy.

We just got that notice and posted it to our C34 forum, too.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
We all just have to join together in this time of Pandemic and help each other survive.... It is tough out there working remotely from home. Cost are rising. Wages are doubling.

Please do your share...

Did they share that the magazine will contain more advertising and fewer articles?