C30 Shower Grey water tank?

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
The shower in at least Mk1 C30's drains right into the bilge. Has anyone found a way to install a grey water tank/pump for the shower so that it no longer goes to the bilge? I was thinking of trying to fabricate something to install in the bilge right against the bulkhead and then finding a way to pump it overboard but wasn't sure if someone already had a solution to this.

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
There is not enough room in a C30 bilge for a factory built shower box. You would need to dam off the front section of the keel stub and put a dedicated pump in that compartment.

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
There is not enough room in a C30 bilge for a factory built shower box. You would need to dam off the front section of the keel stub and put a dedicated pump in that compartment.
if you dam off the front section how would water from the front get to the bilge pump?

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
The water from the shower goes into the small dammed off compartment that has its own float switch. if you leave that on, it will be the bilge pump for leaks coming from the bow or mast. If it is turned off, and you get a significant leak, it will overtop and flow back to the aft section and the normal bilge pump.

Jun 2, 2014
Catalina 30 mkII - 1987 Alamitos Bay Marina, LB, CA
I just replaced my shower pump. No idea if this was a mod from the PO or something normal, but I have a closed loop bait type pump that sucks the shower water out back into a hose that dumps into to the head sink.
The original pump was a modified standard Rule binge pump with a cover glued over the intake with a barb fitting. The company that made it was Kodiak Marine. I couldn’t find a direct replacement, so i bought a standard $20 bilge pump and 3D printed my own intake adapter and glued it on.
FBC51F3A-481D-48FB-935C-C3C4C8220790.jpeg

here’s the original setup:
00FC6CEC-3C76-4D5E-A9A2-D69062248035.jpeg

I have a switch in the head to turn it on and off. You just have to be careful not to leave it on.
If you go with a version of the shower box solution, you can use a float switch to make sure it doesn’t stay on by accident. That’s the only drawback I have. Been thinking of installing a light indicator to help but never got around to it.