C&C Mk V

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I'm really surprised someone hasn't come forward with first hand experience with this model. I thought they were fairly common and successful boats in their day.

What did you end up finding out about the one you were interested in?

-Will (Dragonfly)

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
Either one is a big step up from the laser your profile indicates as your current boat. No criticism intended as there are lots of reasons to go bigger, just don’t lose your laser roots!

I moved from small boat to larger a while ago and after a ton of research I ended up with a C&C 24. I can absolutely vouch for their C&C construction and durability so I think you are on the right track.

At one point in my search I was offered a C&C 27 tall mast for $1000. Yes one thousand. It had sat at a Toronto area club for a few years after the owner passed away. I probably could have got it for $1 but didn’t want to take the time to bring it back. Nothing really wrong other than insect nests, likely a motor service etc. It had a full set of sails and the rigging looked OK.

If you have patience and work with a transport company you can find a deal where they might be Vancouver based and they are moving a boat to the Toronto area. They don’t want to return empty so based on timing ( think Toronto boat show in Jan) you might be surprised on the $.

Dec 7, 2018
C&C 27 Mk V Vancouver
If you have patience and work with a transport company you can find a deal where they might be Vancouver based and they are moving a boat to the Toronto area. They don’t want to return empty so based on timing ( think Toronto boat show in Jan) you might be surprised on the $.
Yeah I sniffed around about that late last winter when I was all hotted up about a Tanzer 25 at Neapien sailing club and there's a specific name for doing that and everone I contacted was adament that "THEY DON'T DO THAT!"
If you know something/contact I'm all ears....

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
I mounted the cradle for the 24 on a good roadworthy trailer and was able to move it around myself. Sort of like this

Granted I didn’t move it very far and only on secondary roads not sure I would want to be rolling down the Coquihalla with that behind me!

Have you considered a trailerable boat?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I hope you used more that 4 supports to hold up your boat. That picture seems overly minimalistic.
I know a guy who had a C&C 30 on a lake in Virginia he wanted to give away. Perhaps he still has it. The pictures he sent me showed a boat in great shape. He gave me a Windmill which I drove down to NC to pickup, trailer and all. I then went sailing aboard her. All she needs is a new paint job. And to repair a ding in her centerboard because I hit a submerged rock.
If you're interested, I could contact him and see if he still has the C&C.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
I hope you used more that 4 supports to hold up your boat. That picture seems overly minimalistic.
I mounted the original boat cradle on the trailer. This is the same cradle they put her in on the transport trailer that moved her from Niagra on the Lake to Kingston via the 401 highway. I was able to move the boat to and from the launch site myself and save $ on storage etc.

Dec 7, 2018
C&C 27 Mk V Vancouver
If you're interested, I could contact him and see if he still has the C&C.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Oh, no thanks I limited to <27' slip.
I getting interested in a brand new 2019 9.8hp Merc long shaft someone on the Isl. is selling for $5950.00.
Comes w/a sailboat attached!