C&C 37/40 Holding Tank

Nov 6, 2023
C&C 37/40+ San Diego
Hello, I recently bought a 37/40 with a tiny, smelly bladder holding tank located under the vanity in the head. That can't be the factory solution. At the moment the only options I can see for adding a rigid tank are the v berth area, which would require parallel hose runs for fill and discharge along the port side beneath the settee and through the hanging locker on that side, or aft under the shower pan through the aft cabin furniture to the port side cockpit locker. The v berth location would gain me up to forty gallons but require over forty feet of hose run. The aft locker location is a much shorter run but might only get me ten or fifteen gallons (has to clear the manual bilge pump handle). Neither seems like it would satisfy a typical factory installation requirement. What do other owners have?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
You're prob'ly thinking you're limited to off-the-shelf rectangular tanks...not true.
Ronco Plastics makes TOP quality thick-walled (50% thicker than most other mfrs) water and waste tanks for a very reasonable price and have more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular, and they install fittings--including diptubes--in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they make the tank. There are retailers who sell Ronco tanks, but Ronco sells direct for a much lower price...and they're great to work with.

When looking at drawings it's important to know that there is no top or bottom until the fittings go in, and YOU decide where they go. So rotate, flip in any orientation to find the tank that fit your space.

Ronco Plastics marine Tanks
Ronco Plastics tank drawings

I'll be glad to help you select the best fittings locations and sizes for the tank you select.

--Peggie