C&C 36-1 Portlight replacements

Jul 5, 2014
C&C 36 Selby Bay
I want to replace my acryllic portlights in my 1977 C&C 36-1 for opening portals. Any suggestions on manufacturers for replacements? Any suggestions on whether this replacement is advisable?

Jun 16, 2015
C&C 38 WVYC
I'm just redoing my windows in my 38 with plexi. It was plexi before but it was time. The plexi was faced against the older 2 oblong(?) ports either side of the cabin however we have 3 mid '70's 38's right in our club basin (WVYC) and one of them have been done. I can't find the company right now but it's local (regional) in Coquitlam, B.C. if it helps.

I need to replace the tired interior plastic liners for that so does anyone have source for those?

Oct 5, 2021
C&C 44 Seattle Yacht Club
These guys sound great! I'm going to replace my old tired 1988 portlights with these! They came up on a recent thread in this forum

Dec 28, 2020
O'Day 19 Marina Del Rey
I was going to replace my scratched-and-cloudy portlights -- which was a shame, since they didn't leak. Before I did, I tried an automotive headlight polishing kit from 3M. It worked really well.

Attachments

May 24, 2022
C&C 35 Mkii Quincy
I tried an automotive headlight polishing kit from 3M.
The portlights on our (new to us) C&C 35 are completely hazy. I was going to try the polishing kit, to see if I could get some light out of it... Do you happen to remember which kit you used? and any words of wisdom / advice / lessons learned you could share with me before I start?