C&C 25' Mast Organizer

CLS72

Jul 20, 2020
Chrysler 22 Oakville
Hi
Planning to run my lines to the cockpit, so getting ideas on what I need
Does anyone has pictures of how the lines can be run out from the mast base to a deck organizer and the to clutches/winches?
Here is a picture of my mast base, wondering if there are mast bases that can be attached/aligned to get the lines out on an angle....
IMG_3907.JPG

Thx

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum!!

Great idea!! All my control lines and halyards are run to the cockpit. Below is a photo of how my lines are run from the base of mast through individual single block then through turning blocks then to the cockpit through clutches and then to winches.

1618954299838.png

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019
C&C 25 mk2 Seneca Lake
I agree, great idea.

On my C&C 25 I have run everything to the cockpit. I have a couple photos to share.
On starboard (top to bottom): Vang, M. Halyard, Reef 1, Reef 2 and Spin pole topping lift (green). On port side (top to bottom): cunningham, jib/spin halyards. Be sure to over-drill, fill and re-drill when bedding hardware and be sure to use butyl tape (Bed-it by Mainesail). Good luck and fair winds.

20200814_133839.jpg
20200814_133839.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

CLS72

Jul 20, 2020
Chrysler 22 Oakville
Thanks both for the answers and pictures !! this is very helpful.

@sailsfbay - one of my questions was to check if the lines could go straight from the current mast sheaves to a deck organizer and then turning ~90 degrees aft to a clutch. I see you have a couple of extra blocks connected to the mast base.

Thx - will see if I can get more pictures of other 25's and see similar arrangements.

May 26, 2021
C & C 25 Tennessee River
I am sorry if I am asking a different question. I have the same stepping mast system as the first picture. I lost the step pin. Does anyone know the pin specifications or if I can use a different pin. Thank you
B188AB47-5118-41F7-9066-755A566CA649.jpeg

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
..............one of my questions was to check if the lines could go straight from the current mast sheaves to a deck organizer and then turning ~90 degrees aft to a clutch............
You will need a mast base block to run the line from the mast to a turning block to turn 90 degrees.

JCSail

Mar 20, 2024
Contessa JJT Contessa 26 Meaford, ON
I am interested in how far aft you were able to put the deck organizer and love the pictures.

I have a Contessa 26, but will have access to a poor old C&C25 being scrapped. Think the C&C25 mast may be a touch shorter, but that the mast is the same form (Klack built mast) and that I can swap the base.
The main reason is all my halyards are external and none run to the cockpit. Would love this option.

@D Swanson - looks like your deck organizers are directly abeam of the mast. Would the mast base sheeves allow the organizer to be a few inches aft, so maybe a 110 or 115 degree turn instead of a 90 turn?

Thanks for the pictures and information.

Aug 19, 2019
C&C 25 mk2 Seneca Lake
@D Swanson - looks like your deck organizers are directly abeam of the mast. Would the mast base sheeves allow the organizer to be a few inches aft, so maybe a 110 or 115 degree turn instead of a 90 turn?
My organizers are abeam of my mast just slightly aft and although I am not sure of the angles, I think the 110-115 degree estimate is about right. Regardless, when the organizer (SB forward) was installed (by PO) it should have been skewed differently. As it is, a slightly thicker line will chafe on the organizer body and for that reason I suggest checking your line angles entering and exiting the organizer before drilling. Thankfully there is about a mm or two between the current line and the body of the organizer... another degree or two of angle would be a problem. I think that as long as the lines are not chafing, there should be a decent range of entry/exit angles for most organizers. Cheers.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Think the C&C25 mast may be a touch shorter
I think not.
Listed Mast Specs:
Boat SpecsContessa 26C&C 25
P Length.24.00 ft / 7.32 m26.50 ft / 8.08 m

Mast appears to be taller. The C&C reports a larger sail area.

You may be able to still make it work.
If the mast void is big enough you can usually run your halyards inside the mast. It will be a job but do able. I had it done on my Cal35C. You’ll need to install sheeves at the mast head and exit boxes near the deck. Then the desicion will be do the exit boxes come out above the deck then to an organizer at the base with turning blocks to your deck organizer or do you bring the halyards out with another set of sheeves to the deck organizer.

JCSail

Mar 20, 2024
Contessa JJT Contessa 26 Meaford, ON
I think not.
Listed Mast Specs:

I think not.
Listed Mast Specs:

I guess I should have said the Canadian JJT Contessa or Taylor 26. The Taylor built boats have a taller mast (P=28’ and E=10’).

I can use the existing sheeves at the top.
The base is slightly difficult part, getting the sheaves or blocks nice and low for good angles for the organizers.
Think the extrusion is the same, so may be easer to just swap the bolt in base and learn from how other C&C’s have done the base.
Just being lazy and trying to avoid re inventing the wheel.

I’m in Ontario home of the C&C’s and Taylors Contessa. Klacko Spars is still in buisness if I need anything (Stainless Outfitters is still around too for the Push and Pulpit).
I remember visiting the C&C shop north end of Oakville as a teen in the late 80’s (Dad got a deal on a CS27, they guided him through doing the osmosis repair work).
Years ago I did the running rigging on my past O’Day 35. Really liked the Isomat layout and single line reefing cars in the boom. Doubt that I can go that far with these spars[/QUOTE]

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
JS There are 2 scenarios.
ONE you insert an exit box in the mast about 2-3 meters above the base.
1710983339977.jpeg
This gives you the option to jump the halyard manually if you have a problem with a hoist. The line comes down to the deck and you fit an organizer at the mast step with block to make the 90º turn away from the mast.
Here is a hinged plate as used on a Catalina 27.
1710983162216.jpeg
With blocks that attach to the deck level plate holes.
1710983061535.jpeg

Or TWO you install Mast Exit sheaves at the base of the mast.
1710983430485.jpeg

This requires cutting a hole in the mast. They come in pairs like the image or singles.
You then need to install a deck organizer near by to direct the halyard towards the cockpit.

1710983592412.jpeg 1710983627098.jpeg