C 22 swing keel removal

Apr 15, 2015
Cape Dory 25 Trailered
Does anyone know how to drop the swing keel out of the C 22? I can't get the SS pin out.

Jan 24, 2017
Chrysler C26 Lake Sakakaweea
I have a 26 and am wondering the same thing. I do not even see the pin and I have everything torn out of the cabin. Are you able to get on the Chrysler owners forum? I cannot get it to work.

Dan

Jan 24, 2017
I know that site and have contacted someone now about registering for their board. for some reason I could not register. I also found out that the 26 is a little different than the 22. on your 22 there is a good video on this, not too hard and can be done on the trailer if need be. It is on their board under "keel". Dan

Jan 24, 2017
This is my project:

I closed up the anchor hatch and will install a simple 3" tube and cover. In the same place I will install a vent so that any water that comes in goes right out the drain hole. I am uploading a couple of pics to see how it works. The mast was dropped on the front pulpit and damaged the attach points letting water into the boat. A real shame because the boat is in rather good shape. I am removing the pulpit and rear along with the stanchions. I am going with a fixed control rail on the cabin and using a harness instead. All the teak has been refinished already. I have only been working on it for two weeks but make good time.

Dan

Attachments

Apr 15, 2015
Cape Dory 25 Trailered
Currently I'm finishing up the restoration of my Cape Dory 25. I hope to splash it in May this year.

Once this is finished, I plan on working on the Chrysler 22. So, in the meantime I'm trying to get my plans together on how to tackle known issues.

Attachments

Jan 24, 2017
I see you do not have any stanchions. That was a main problem on mine there was really no room for them. The back rail also just no room for them to fit correctly so I am going without. Only one of my stanchions has some rot so hopefully I got it in time.

Apr 15, 2015
Cape Dory 25 Trailered
Yeah, this picture was one of my last pictures of it before winter. In this pic I had just finished painting the deck and hull above the waterline and hadn't everything back on the deck. I do have the stanchions. On my 22 I'm thinking of going without.

Jan 24, 2017
Good choice I think they are more trouble than they are worth. Better a harness and attach point. There really is no room for them and trying to go forward they are just in the way. I may make a smaller pulpit though.

Dan