c-22 reefing

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike

can anybody tell me the proper routing of the reefing line and how to reef on an 86 c22. Thank you

J

Jason

c22 reeefing

Mike, On my '84, the reefing line starts at an eye pad on the port side of the boom (aft end) and passes through the leach cringle to a block on the starboard side. The line then runs the length of the boom and terminates at a cleat right before the gooseneck. As for how to reef, I come into the wind, lower the main halyard to a predetermined mark (permenent ink on halyard), and slide the luff cringle for the reef over the horn on the boom. (NOTE. you willl have to loosen the knob in the mast slot and remove one of the sail slugs unless you have mast gates installed) I then loosen the reef line and lower the leach cringle to the boom and reattach the line to the cleat. Snug the halyard back up, secure the foot of the sail with some reefing knots and away you go.. Not saying my way is the best way but it works! One other thing.... PRACTICE on the "nice" days. It will make you life easier on the not so nice days. hope this helps. Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.