C-15 Photos of Rigging

• Thread starter Michael Schenck
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Schenck

Hello All, I recently purchased a C15 Hull # 2065... I have several general questions... First of all, regarding the Boom Vang... from my research it seems there should be a lever type contraption to give me more force (compared to hooking the pulley system DIRECTLY onto the boom!?) Second, I have read SEVERAL ways to keep the rudder down... I like the "Shear Pin" method described using epoxy, and 1/4" dowels... Thinking about a pulley system to allow the rudder to be PULLED UP!? Third, The Centerboard rigging seems pretty straight forward... one ??... The lines to hold it DOWN, this should be elastic (shock cord!?) CORRECT!? Fourth (why keep counting!!) I have seen pictures of the trap lines with a pulley system for height adjustment... is this necessary with the "3-stage rings"??... ALSO, am I supposed to have a "Continuous" rigging, with shock lines btwn trap lines, or??? Last, but NOT least... I need a set of used sails - OR AT LEAST dimensions on the SIZE of the sails so that I can find them!? :~) Photos / Diagrams of the basic rigging would be GREATLY appreciated! Sorry for being SO long-winded, and THANK YOU for any help you can provide! As you can tell, I am not very experienced, but I am REALLY enjoying my adventures into the sailing world!

R

Rodney Kidd

Check This Web Site

Gobs of C-15 info on this site. Rodney Kidd C-38 Flying Bear

M

Michael Schenck

Rodney, Web Site Needed??

Hello Rodney, Thank You for your response, although I did NOT get your web-site that you were referring to... if possible, please e-mail it to me! thedukes411@home.com Thank YOu, Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.