BWI laws

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands
Gee, thought the question was about the British West Indies and I could participate. Sadly? Minnesota is outside my balywick, but do note that if such laws exist in our BWI, there's certainly no enforcement.
Same here. Heck, here you can drive with an open container. However, my personal rule is that myself and any essential crew not drink until the anchor goes down. Not that I am opposed to imbibing, or merely trying to avoid a citation - I intend to have ALL my faculties available to me (such as they are) in the event I need to think clearly. Even when there is no apparent danger, things can and do go wrong, and I do not want my judgement impaired. Then again, we aren't operating a kayak. Lots can go wrong when 40 tons are in motion.

Anchor Down - Party Down.

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands
and when it is being operated, the "operator" often changes at a moment's notice, and without stopping the vehicle.
It is tricky switching feet on the gas pedal of the sailboat while underway! That requires considerable coordination so as not to cause a noticeable change in speed. Well done!