BVI this year

Nov 30, 2007
Hunter 36 Forked River, NJ
We've had several very happy charters in the BVI, and were hoping to return this June, at least we were definitely going to before Irma. Reading local news paints a different picture than the Moorings sales pitch, as I suppose is to be expected. What is the current state of things for a charterer? Are restaurants operational? Are the regular provisioning stores at Sopers, Cane garden Bay, Bitter End back yet?

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
We love the BVI's and have been there five times in the last 7 years. We're planning a trip for next February (2019) chartering a bareboat out of Port Purcell (BVI Yacht Charters). I found the most reliable source of information, with respect to Irmarie recovery efforts and operational progress is here: http://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/7/1/british-virgin-islands.html

The site is free and only requires you to register with userid and password. My wife is on Facebook and there are several sites that broadcast recovery efforts.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I just got my issue of Sail magazine titled "Caribbean Comeback" . They have a long way to go, but it's still great sailing. They recovered the phone booth but it's pretty beat up. I'm glad we made it down there before the devastation.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
We were in Roadtown last week. Cleanup on-going but restaurants in town are open, harbor is free of debris and water/power restored in most places. This is the best time to go as it isn't as busy as is typical this time of year. Guess people are afraid to go.... Norman Island is also back to normal with few exceptions and charter companies seemed to have lots of boats available.

Mar 12, 2018
Moody 38CC Muenster
We have been in the BVIs in January. Bitter End is destroyed. Many other restaurants are not operated. But Foxy's fine and open. Nature is recovering and we enjoyed sailing thre since it is not busy.