Buying New 450

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter S.

Is there a best time to buy a new Hunter? Do you get the best deal around shows (e.g. Newport, Annapolis, Miami), or can you get the same or better deal other times? I am looking to buy a new 450.

M

Mark Johnson

Boat show time can be good..

Many manufacturers offer incentives to the dealers during show times. Personally, if you can find a dealer that has one in stock and it's been there for awhile I think you might be able to make a better deal there than at the shows. IMHO.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
best times

from what I've seen, boat shows (the majors) are good for getting better pricing and/or additional options at no cost. Also, Hunter seems to run promotions in late Spring, although they do not always apply to all models.

B

Bob Knott

Peter S. a H460 maybe?

My Hunter has one H460 left in stock. It's the two cabin version with work shop. Has green leather interior, air, etc, etc. etc. If you are interested call Barrett of J.P. at 508-548-7700 That's Cape Yachts Falmouth Harbor office at MacDougall's Marina in Falmouth. The boat is a 2000 model and is out of the water right infront of their office. It's a beautie, if I could afford it ..... Should be a good deal since they are not going to be Hunter dealers any longer. The boat is probably picutred on their web site if you'd like to check it out http://www.capeyachtsales.com No I don't work for them but I have bought 4 boats from them over the years. Sorry to see them leave the Hunter fold though :-( Bob Knott H380 Harwichport, MA

B

Bob Polk

Used 450 in Annapolis

There is a very well equipped 450 named "Luz Solar" for sale located in Bert Jabins yard in Annapolis. The boat is for sale through Annapolis Yacht Sales. I looked at this boat in the spring when it was for sale through Tidewater. It is very well equiped and in excellent condition. I bought a 460 since I didn't want a center cockpit boat. It has a Profurl boom furling main system with battens and a gen set. The boat is loaded. I have no affiliation with Annapolis Yacht Sales. It has beeen for sale all year so maybe now is the time to get a good deal.

M

Michael Fisher

450 Buying advice

Peter, My wife and I just purchased a new 450 through Nortons Yacht sales in VA with a February delivery. Everything has gone well so far. I asked the same question you did concerning the best time to buy. It seems like you can get a lot of options as incentives at the shows. Unfortunately, Hunter is selling as many 450s as they can make. It is a sellers market now. Find a good dealer that is willing to negotiate price and prep work and good luck!

P

Peter S.

Thanks for the Info

I just ordered a 450 for early 2001 delivery!

Status
Not open for further replies.