buying a o'day 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eric dumouchel

I'm about to buy a 1977 25 o'day what is it worth today... and is that a good boat compared to a hunter 25

D

Don Evans

Really Depends on Condition and Attributes

Eric, I have a 76, very similar in vintage. Mine has a diesel (very rare for an OD25), trailor, furler, dodger and bimini and many other additions. Mine is in excellent condition. Just for fun I had an estimate prepared by a broker. He was going to ask 15K, but would settle on 13K. There are not many OD25's in Canada, but ones I have seen listed were asking between 10 and 12K. Depends on general condition and recent upgrades. I don't know the Hunter 25, and I would never tell you to stay away from this boat or that boat, but I have been very satisfied with mine for many years. No matter what boat you are buying, check hull and deck for delamination, soft spots and chain plate leaks. Check the condition of standing rigging, sails and outboard, as these are the big ticket items. Has there been a recent survey or are you confident in your boat knowledge? Good luck in your purchase. Don

Status
Not open for further replies.