Buying a Hunter 45 DS 2010

Udi

Mar 23, 2021
Hunter 45 ds 2010 Jaffa
Hi !
I am stating a process of buying that boat. going to sail first, than survey in and out of the water.
I'll be greatfull for any advise from any 45 ds owner, for this stage of the process, or any other advise concerning the buying process.
Thanks.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum!!

Can not comment on the Hunter 45 DS as I have a Huntet 46. That is a very nice .model. I can only comment on the buying process, which you doing correctly. The only comment I would add is to inquire marine insurance early as it be pending a survey and signed compliance form that you will complete the survey recommendations by a specific date. Also secure a marina berth. Since it is a newer boat you may not want an engine, rigging and electrical survey. If any of the prepurchase surveys have significant finding(s), get a cost estimate and seek a repair allowance for those finding(s) from the seller. Good luck!!

Udi

Mar 23, 2021
Hunter 45 ds 2010 Jaffa
Welcome to the forum!!

Can not comment on the Hunter 45 DS as I have a Huntet 46. That is a very nice .model. I can only comment on the buying process, which you doing correctly. The only comment I would add is to inquire marine insurance early as it be pending a survey and signed compliance form that you will complete the survey recommendations by a specific date. Also secure a marina berth. Since it is a newer boat you may not want an engine, rigging and electrical survey. If any of the prepurchase surveys have significant finding(s), get a cost estimate and seek a repair allowance for those finding(s) from the seller. Good luck!!
Thank you very much. ill follow those advises.

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
Purchased Hunter 50 over 5 years ago. Did survey myself. Have been insured first by Boat US, New Hampshire and now Progressive. Also have loan on boat from Credit Union.
Have yet to have boat surveyed and/or compliance form filled out.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
SEMPERAVANTI41.......The last two boats (one power in Oct 2020 and one sailboat in Dec 2018) have required a signed compliance form. So that is apparently a new requirement by the major marine insurers. But no big deal for me since I always resolve all survey findings as I do not like open maintenance issues, even a non-working light bulb. The Buyer should check with the insurance broker or underwriter on their requirements prior to binding the policy.

Last edited:

Udi

Mar 23, 2021
Hunter 45 ds 2010 Jaffa
Purchased Hunter 50 over 5 years ago. Did survey myself. Have been insured first by Boat US, New Hampshire and now Progressive. Also have loan on boat from Credit Union.
Have yet to have boat surveyed and/or compliance form filled out.
thank you very much

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Also have loan on boat from Credit Union.
Your loan will be valued like a Car loan, and they use this for your boat.

2010 Hunter HUNTER 45 DS Price, Used Value & Specs

You will need to know how your boat is outfitted to get "HIGH Average LOW" loan value range, using that Link above.

Your Survey also values your boat for insurance reasons.

A Boat depreciates each year, so Bank Loans will set a Margin and interest rates, which include that rate.
Last time I looked, it was ≈10%/year until the boat is 20 years old.
Jim...

Udi

Mar 23, 2021
Hunter 45 ds 2010 Jaffa
Your loan will be valued like a Car loan, and they use this for your boat.

2010 Hunter HUNTER 45 DS Price, Used Value & Specs

You will need to know how your boat is outfitted to get "HIGH Average LOW" loan value range, using that Link above.

Your Survey also values your boat for insurance reasons.

A Boat depreciates each year, so Bank Loans will set a Margin and interest rates, which include that rate.
Last time I looked, it was ≈10%/year until the boat is 20 years old.
Jim...
Hi!
many thanks. usfull info

`