buying 25S

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rebel Glover

Looking to buy a 79 25S. Just looking for input from cruisers who are familiar with this boat.

Nov 11, 2005
- - Galena, MD
S25

I think you mean S25, she is a lively responsive boat. I owned hull #4 first with the shoal draft keel that Bob S. used on the Hunter 25 he designed for Hunter in early 70's. this keel was not used on many S25s After three years and a storm that put Our Glory II on the beach the keel had to be replaced and Bob S. said the early shoal keel was no longer available that the new deep fin was about 200 lbs more and would more stability with less drag coefficent. Needless to say I went with it and was very pleased with the change. Won my first race after changing keels. Yes she is a fast boat and really fun to sail. The tea cup shaped hull means less wetted surface in light air which allows you to keep sailing others have resorted to the ironjib, due to her wide beam she stiffens up when the wind pipes up. She will heel faster than some boats but put a reef in and keep on going. We enjoyed the S25 so much thar after 5 years we bought a new 1983 S30T Our Glory III and 17 years later a S34. Hope that helps. Skipper The sailing vessel Promises _/)

Status
Not open for further replies.