bulk head plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2004
Oday 26 Lake Keowee,SC
I need to redo my bulkheads in my Oday 26 ( same as 25). Does anyone have a set of plans for the bulkhead, sink, head ares's?:confused:

Sep 25, 2008
Oday 25 Gibraltar
Redo the bulkheads? Welcome to the club. Lots of the Odays need new bulkheads. I used the old ones as patterns for the new.

Rich

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
Lake Keowee,SC

Redo the bulkheads? Welcome to the club. Lots of the Odays need new bulkheads. I used the old ones as patterns for the new.

Rich
KDS Sail,

You would get more and better informantion on the 'Ask an O'Day Owners' forum. Besides Rich having done the project there have been several others with good picture documents posted.

What shape are your bulkheads in. Mine were good enough not to require replacement but did require repair.

I am just down the water from you at Big Water on Lake Hartwell.

The way the chain plates are designed on O'Day's and many other sailboats require constant care and caulking. And you can get water intrusion from under mast, under grab rails and other mystery places.

Ask your question on the other list and see if Keith or Appleman or the guy before Appleman respond.

In the meantime,

When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream 'I Won! I Won!'

Ed K

Dec 11, 2009
Oday 26 Central FL
I used the old bulkhead when I rebuilt mine. One bit of advice, make the new bulkhead with a regular sheet of plywood to get a feel for the job. The teak is "Very" expensive. If you make a mistake and learn on the cheaper plywood you be that far ahead, that's the way I did it and the final teak bulkhead came out great.

John

Oct 2, 2008
Island Packet 31 Brunswick, Ga
i have a left over port bulkhead. it would get you into the balpark for the port also but you do have to use "cheap " plywood till you get your proper fit, then transfer the final pattern to whatever you want to use for the real bulkhead.
keith

Status
Not open for further replies.