Bulb in mast-mounted light on Islander 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2006
Islander Islander 28 (standar Friday Harbor, Washington
I have removed my Islander 28 (built in 1978) mast for repainting and replacement of bulbs. The bulb which shines downward onto the deck is unusual. It is a silvered reflector bulb, ca. 2" in diameter, with a double contact bayonet base. The only markings on this bulb are: T3600. The face of this bulb is flattened and made of fairly heavy glass. It looks very much like a bulb from a slide projector with a heavy glass front and bayonet base. I need to know more about this bulb so I can find a replacement. Any ideas or suggestions to help me find ths bulb would be appreciated.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Do you suppose that is

just a low voltage halogen track light?

Apr 8, 2006
Islander Islander 28 (standar Friday Harbor, Washington
This does not appear to be a halogen bulb

The bulb looks like something from the 1970's, before halogen bulbs were common. It appears to be simply a double contact bayonet based reflector bulb with a relatively flat heavy glass front - about 2" across - and a silvered interior - like a miniature flood light.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Take it to a automotive supply

store. they have all of the Catalogs for miniature lamps.

D

Donald L. Hendrix

Gave up, replaced lamp with Perko product

After calling all over the US and speaking with two large regional marine supply stores I decided to replace this unit with a 10 W Perko model 0265DP0CHR which fits beatifully. I simply had a shop cut an aluminum disc 2 3/4" in diameter with two holes which lined up with the threaded holes in the lamp support on the mast and had two other holes drilled which lined up with the Perko lamp base. I had the back of these two later holes champhered to accept the heads of #6 SS stove bolts which I set in place with their threaded ends facing outward with epoxy glue. I fed the wires to the lamp through a fifth hole in the middle of the plate. The resulting unit looks like it was made for this application and now I have a lamp with a bulb which should be easy to locate.

Status
Not open for further replies.