Bucket List

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
The only thing they didn't mention were the mosquitoes that are as big as the sea planes and black flies that will eat you alive, but it sure looks pretty

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
My bucket list is pretty small. Limited to what seems reasonably reasonable to actually achieve. I’ve been to several of the Finger Lakes but have never sailed them. And it’s not because @BlowMeAway and @agprice22 haven't tried their best to get me to. They’re long and slender and OMG gorgeous. (The lakes are nice, too.) I sailed on Wateree Lake in SC for years so I know all about tacking and jibing all the way both ways. But still...

I pontooned at the 1000 Islands. I’d sail there in a heartbeat if I were a better sailor. Something about river currents and big-ass tankers give me pause. But the scenery is spectacular beyond belief.

I’d also do the North Bay cruise in Canada, eh with the trailer sailors group. A bit far to trailer but dang it’d be worth it.

And I really want to sail Lake Jocassee in South Carolina.

Of my bucket list, Seneca Lake and Cayuga Lake are the only ones that are even the least bit possible to happen. There’s nothing like Yankee hospitality!

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
My bucket list is pretty small. Limited to what seems reasonably reasonable to actually achieve. I’ve been to several of the Finger Lakes but have never sailed them. And it’s not because @BlowMeAway and @agprice22 haven't tried their best to get me to. They’re long and slender and OMG gorgeous. (The lakes are nice, too.) I sailed on Wateree Lake in SC for years so I know all about tacking and jibing all the way both ways. But still...
Long and Slender. Now that’s funny there Jimmy! My trailer sailing days involved nothing more than a Scorpion 16. But that little bitch sailed so many waterways between Penobscot bay and Corpus Christi. My current boat gets trailered only twice a year from the slip to the parking lot and vice versa by tractor trailer, so I really don’t have a relative bucket list to share.

You know you’re just a phone call away if ever you get up to visit either Andrew or me, and just like @sesmith mentioned earlier...we do get a lot of to and fro on our lake. :beer:

E4E98A00-A356-4327-92A0-02624AEFC52F.jpeg

Jul 1, 2010
Catalina 350 Lake Huron
Kermit, we're down in your area this week checking out to make sure our place in Summerville is still in one piece after renting it out the last 5 years. The weather sure is much nicer down here than in the Fingerlakes right now. Retirement happens this summer and we'll be back down for good (more or less) this fall. Hope to do some sailing out of Charleston, as well as the Great Lakes in the summer months up north.

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
I think I, Scott, Kermit, and... ok prolly not Wayne, could trailer anywhere. We could go North to Slave Lake, or Ontario. I would love to do Rochester, Sodus, Oswego, Chaumont... endless, all day tacks.
I am planning to trailer my Telstar 28 south to Biscayne Bay.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Kermit, we're down in your area this week checking out to make sure our place in Summerville is still in one piece after renting it out the last 5 years. The weather sure is much nicer down here than in the Fingerlakes right now. Retirement happens this summer and we'll be back down for good (more or less) this fall. Hope to do some sailing out of Charleston, as well as the Great Lakes in the summer months up north.
Flowers are beautiful now. We should be getting our bucket list filled with rain tomorrow, though.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
And they don’t call Summerville “Flower Town” for nothing. Tell my cousin Lynn I said hello.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
An update. On the Mariner website, a member just posted their finish in the Everglades 300. Started in Tampa Bay on the beach. All entrants have to start from the beach completely out of the water. They sailed down the coast to a point on Key Largo. There were several check points. The Mariner was one of the biggest boats in the regatta. I'm hooked and my wife says she's in.
Bucket List +Everglades 300.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jun 25, 2004
Corsair F24 Mk1 003 San Francisco Bay, CA
Will,
The San Juan Islands should be on your list. We’re headed up there again this summer to sail with a dozen or more other trailer sailors. We are each the master of our little ship, but we keep an eye out for each other. Little boats, big adventures. With plenty of dock parties and pubs.

I think the Thousand Islands region sounds like a great adventure, but I’ve never been there.

Last edited:

AaronD

Aug 10, 2014
Catalina 22 9874 Newberg, OR / Olympia, WA
Will,
If you want to fly on water, amongst mountain tops, join us.
Judy
When and where? We usually hang out in the south sound, but were considering branching out to the San Juans; perhaps we'll overlap? If you screaming fast trimaran sailors are willing to be seen around us poky monohull folk, that is. :)

Jun 25, 2004
Corsair F24 Mk1 003 San Francisco Bay, CA
When and where? We usually hang out in the south sound, but were considering branching out to the San Juans; perhaps we'll overlap? If you screaming fast trimaran sailors are willing to be seen around us poky monohull folk, that is. :)
Beginning of June.. Launching from Bellingham. Mostly the San Juan Islands. Probably 10-12 small boats.

Everybody except me will be in pokey monohulls. I used to do this trip solo in a Potter 19, but I’ve done it the last two years in my Tri. There will be Potter 15s and 19s, Montgomery and Sage 15s & 17s, Com-pac Suncat, com-pac eclipse, Oday 192, Marshall Sanderling 18, a baby Ranger Tug, maybe a Schock 2023 WB , and the like. A bunch of tough lit tle boats and competent skippers.

Judy B

Last edited:

AaronD

Aug 10, 2014
Catalina 22 9874 Newberg, OR / Olympia, WA
Beginning of June.. Launching from Bellingham. Mostly the San Juan Islands. Probably 10-12 small boats.

Everybody except me will be in pokey monohulls. I used to do this trip solo in a Potter 19, but I’ve done it the last two years in my Tri. There will be Potter 15s and 19s, Montgomery and Sage 15s & 17s, Com-pac Suncat, com-pac eclipse, Oday 192, Marshall Sanderling 18, a baby Ranger Tug, maybe a Schock 2023 WB , and the like. A bunch of tough lit tle boats and competent skippers.

Judy B
That sounds like fun! The kids will still be in school in early June. :( But maybe we can join some other year.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
:plus:
I can't say when, but it is now on my bucket list to join Dr. Judy B., Dragonfly's sailmaker, et al, for a sail in the San Juans. :thumbup:

-Will (Dragonfly)