Broken fuse holder for Trident Propane solenoid switch

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
Got to the boat tonight and found my fuse holder sticking out and small plastic piece has broken off. Will try to super glue back on tomorrow, but 15 year old plastic probably should replace. Anybody replaced one of these lately and have a source?
IMG_2670.JPG
IMG_2671.JPG

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
That holder is kinda non-standard; I think made by Littlefuse.. Would be good to call Trident to see if they would sell ya one.. otherwise install a regular panel mount fuse holder in the hole where the square one is.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
I googled "square AGC fuse holder panel"and got and found several including one from Amazon

Bob R.

Jun 5, 2004
Marlow-Hunter 40 Pasadena, MD
Jerry,
The same thing happened to the fuse holder on our H356 a few years ago while we were out sailing for a week. I broke off the square stick end of a small kitchen match and stuck it in the slot where the plastic tab broke off. Holds the fuse holder in perfectly. I have had to replace the match stick a couple of times in two years, but no need to replace the panel face or the fuse holder.

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
Thanks for the replys. A new 356 Owner at Lighthouse Landing came by to see me yesterday to ask some questions about the 356. I told him about the fuse holder and that if I found one, I would order him one. Turns out his 2002 had the same problem when he bought it (about 2 weeks ago) and one of my friends who runs maintenance at Green Turtle Bay had ordered one for him last week. We got in touch and now I have 3 of them coming.

The matchstick idea is a good one. Once mine comes in and I am sure they fit, I'll,post where they came from so anyone else can find them if it happens to you. I tried to glue the small piece of plastic back on with superglue and let it cure 24 hours. It did not work and broke almost immediately after I reinserted the fuseholder.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 356 Ventura CA
Crazy timing. This JUST happened to us today! The matchstick is working but I'm wondering if Jerry found a better solution? Thanks.

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
One of my dock mates has ordered several of what is supposed to work, and ordered me three. If he in fact comes through with what we need , I'll let you all know about where they come from. Regardless, I'll let you know the outcome. Due to the eclipse, I 'm not going to the boat this weekend so it will be a couple of weeks before I know what he got works or not.

Sep 9, 2022
Hunter 320 Sausalito
Has anybody found source for this pesky AGC fuse holder for Trident propane control panel. I have got the same problem on Hunter 320.

I don't want to replace the whole panel.

Andrew

Sep 26, 2008
Hunter 340 0 Wickford, RI
Back in August 2020 I posted a thread on this exact fuse holder. The Part Number is Seachoice 12611.
You can look back in the forum search for photos and responses if you like.
I did the match stick, tape and stuff also. Never worked for me.
That’s one powerful spring in there. And very weak plastic.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Had the same issue. The piece is available from West Marine so presumably other sources. It took some looking so be persistent and do not rely on the neophyte who tells you it is not available, it is.

Sep 9, 2022
Hunter 320 Sausalito
Back in August 2020 I posted a thread on this exact fuse holder. The Part Number is Seachoice 12611.
You can look back in the forum search for photos and responses if you like.
I did the match stick, tape and stuff also. Never worked for me.
That’s one powerful spring in there. And very weak plastic.

thx a lot,

Andrew

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Fuse Holder, Panel Mount | West Marine

I was avoiding washing windows as directed by my wife and thought I'd look at the website. Did not find the cap I was referencing but did find this.

If you have the West Marine catalogs the cap is right next to the holder some catalog years there is a picture others just a description and part numbers.

I have to keep all my old catalogs hidden or my wife will throw them out. If I can hide from her and look, I'll post the part number. For less than five dollars it may be just as easy to get the whole piece.

Sep 9, 2022
Hunter 320 Sausalito
Fuse Holder, Panel Mount | West Marine

I was avoiding washing windows as directed by my wife and thought I'd look at the website. Did not find the cap I was referencing but did find this.

If you have the West Marine catalogs the cap is right next to the holder some catalog years there is a picture others just a description and part numbers.

I have to keep all my old catalogs hidden or my wife will throw them out. If I can hide from her and look, I'll post the part number. For less than five dollars it may be just as easy to get the whole piece.

Thx a lot

Andrew

Mar 8, 2021
Hunter 426 Oriental
I had the same issue. After seeing the match solution and not finding a wooden match I used a small hex wrench. It did the job!!!!

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Got to the boat tonight and found my fuse holder sticking out and small plastic piece has broken off. Will try to super glue back on tomorrow, but 15 year old plastic probably should replace. Anybody replaced one of these lately and have a source?View attachment 139559View attachment 139560
The company is Littlefuse
Any electronics supply house sells them, but you need to buy the fuse holder with the cap. It’s < $5, so no big deal