Broken Datamarine Depth Sounder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2012
Mirage 33 St. Clair Shores
I need to replace my Datamarine Depth Sounder S200DL and was wondering if the Raymarine ST 60 will work with my existing Datamarine system? I currently have a Datamarine Knot log # Corinithan Series S100KL and Apparent Wind Indicator #LX360.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Data marine is in pocasset MA and can most likely fix it. I had them fix my LX360 as it's part of the boat

Mar 11, 2009
Hunter 40 Saint John
WOW, For 180 bucks you could have almodt bought a brand new one. Unfortunataly, They don't fit into the Datamarine circular mount. I bought all new Raymarine Depth, wind speed and Boat Speed ( st60+) adn mounted them on a 1/4" Plastic cutting baord I bought at Zellars for 5 bucks. Then I just siliconed it to the exsisting bracket... Worked and looked awesome...

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Several years ago, DMI was able to sell new transducers to me for my Corinthian depth and speed instruments. The original wind indicator was Kenyon, and broken, so I replaced it (with Simrad). I would call the folks at DMI first to see what they can do or provide. They repair wind instruments even though new replacements are no longer available. I think the instruments are worth preserving if you don't want to change out to all new stuff, and DMI would be the first place to look.

I protect my transducers by pulling them and inserting blanks any time I lift the boat out of the water. The straps can wreak havok when the yard isn't careful.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
If you get a digital display at the instrument face, I would bet that the transducers are bad or the cables have lost contact. The transducers take a lot of abuse from sailors who don't protect them ... at least that was the problem with mine.

For $100 each, I replaced the speed and depth transducers on my Corinthian instruments and they have worked flawlessy for 8 years now. I also protect the instruments with covers after each use. I have plastic instrument covers and then cover the bulkhead with sunbrella. It's worthwhile to protect them.

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
Usually the instrument goes bad (because it has electronic and working parts in it), but sending units, fixed in epoxy, don't (but can). The best thing to do is to send them both back, but make sure it is not just a power problem (like you are not getting power to the instrument). And, to answer your original question......no, you cannot use a new Ray Marine instrument with your old Datamarine transducer. They are calibrated to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.