brand new and just wanted to say hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2011
lancer 28 marina del ray
hello all.....just wanted to say hi before I started posting....I just bought a lancer 28.....and I have never sailed before....lol....hold on don't go crazy....I know I know.....but I do have thousands of hours on boats..I am a master dive instructor and a marine....and if a 14 year old girl can do it....so can I...I will be asking for your help as well.... if I ask something stupid please understand I am new....I have read lots of books on sailing but that's it...lol....first thing I would like to ask is there anything I should check out before I sail..(like if I don't I might die)...the boat is in good condition the rigging is sound the engine runs well....I have a 8 horse power Nissan long shaft outboard....there is no blistering of the hull...are soft spots I made sure the anchor is attached to the boat(had it not be once and had to go diving to get it back) ...and the chain plates look fine..(at least to me as with all of this stuff)....so I feel she is good to go...what am I missing...(I know a lot just the really big things)...and remember the boats already bought...hahahah... thanks....

Nov 26, 2007
Lancer 25 SoCal
Welcom

I would also check your thru hull fittings and connections. See my previous posts. Steve

Apr 27, 2011
lancer 28 marina del ray
thanks steve....I checked and they are good to go.....took her out sailing this week end and she was great....was wondering whats the best point of sail for these boats???

Nov 26, 2007
Lancer 25 SoCal
Good evening Vigouroux. I have a 1979 L25 and have no experience with a L28...so can't help with your question. I see your in MDR. Do you slip your boat or is she on a trailer in mast-up-storage? I've frequently sailed with a friend who has a 1975 L25 in mast-up-storage. Look for the CJ Cole along the north fence, south of the ramp parking lot.

Are you active, reserve, or retired? I flew Hawkeyes (NFO) out of Miramar in the early 80 and retired in 95 (Navy reserves). FYI...There was a Marine Captain who was on the east coat and had orders to 29 Palms last year with a L25 and I haven't heard form him since his departure. Hopefully he'll post again. Steve

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2011
lancer 28 marina del ray
hey steve I am a former marine was with 2/3 scout snipers for 8 years got out in 2005...yes I am at MDR at dolphin marina....it is in a slip....come out sailing sometime if you like I am dieing for someone that knows how to sail....lol...if I am there you will see the marine flag on my boat...hoo raa....

Status
Not open for further replies.