Bow Roller for S2 9.2C

BarbW

Feb 13, 2020
S2 9.2C Georgetown, SC
I just purchased a 1979 S2 9.2C. I'd like to add at least a bow roller (possibly a windlass) for ease of anchor use, but it seems there isn't enough room for a roller on either side of the forestay chainplate. Other than adding a bowsprit, does anyone have a solution? I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a bow roller that would fit or possibly a bow roller/chainplate combo (neither of which I've found yet). Right now I'm carrying a 25 pound Danforth. I will be adding a second, lighter anchor for quicker and easier deployment (lunch hook). I'm excited to have found you all. Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

Jun 6, 2004
- - old lyme, ct
I have a 1982 S2 8.5 that had no bow roller. I had the yard install one offset to one side of the forestay.Boat is currently covered so can't get pictures but roller was a standard model I purchased at West Marine. Anchor locker lid was flush and therefore no way to run line from anchor to locker. I had the yard modify the locker cover with a covered aperture that they created so line could be lead aft into locker with cover remaining flush. All in all it has worked out very well.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Yes, you would have to offset it at angle to clear the headstay. Will likely have to drill holes on the deck to secure the base. Before you purchase, take measurements of the proposed roller base and the anchor and make sure it will fit and have full clearance both for operation. Do not overlook that you may also have to fit a "Chain stop".

BarbW

Feb 13, 2020
S2 9.2C Georgetown, SC
Thank you both for your responses. I was hoping not to drill additional holes in the deck and have a roller that holds the anchor straight out in front. That may be too much to ask. Thanks again.