Bought a new boat...

Apr 8, 2010
Frers 33 41426 Westport, CT
I bought a beautiful and mostly well upgraded / maintained Frers 33 this year. One thing that was never done was an LED conversion. Years back when I bought my previous boat the best LED bulbs for the cabin were the SCAD Sensibulbs swapped into the ABI housings, and the best NAV light options at the time (Aqua Signal Series 25) were the Dr. LED Festoon Star replacement LED bulbs.

Now ~8 years later I need to do the same thing with the new boat, and I'm wondering what the best LED options are for cabin lights (5.5" housings, would like to replace them entirely, want white & red option) and the NAV lights ( currently Series 25, and the bow is the combined red/green not separate units)

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Most folk here like Marine beam. I’ve got most of mine from super bright led (bought from them b4 I got the boat).

Les

Apr 8, 2010
Frers 33 41426 Westport, CT
Most folk here like Marine beam. I’ve got most of mine from super bright led (bought from them b4 I got the boat).

Les
I'm familiar with them, I've already swapped the Anchor light with one of their bulbs, they are the only one that made a compatible LED for the Series 19 that is installed and it wasn't practical to change the housing since almost no other anchor light fits with all the instruments and gear crammed up there.

My old boat I had the ABI 5.5" dual G4 housing and I re-wired the switches to operate one side for Red and the other for White, with the Sensibulbs installed. However that setup cost $100 per housing back then, and I need 6 of them, plus it looks like they don't make the red bulbs anymore so it's not an option anyway...

May 20, 2016
They make multi color led that are red if switched on twice fast and white if. just turned on.

May 20, 2016
Yes @Charlie Jones s/v Tehani i did look there I didn’t see any replacement “bulbs” that do red and white in a single bulb. If I missed them please point to the product. There are several fixtures that do not white and red but they have separate switches or wires.

Les

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
Yes @Charlie Jones s/v Tehani i did look there I didn’t see any replacement “bulbs” that do red and white in a single bulb. If I missed them please point to the product. There are several fixtures that do not white and red but they have separate switches or wires.

Les
Sorry- missed the interest in that. Just want folks to always check here when looking- they host us

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston

Les
Can’t speak to the marine beam replacement bulbs but I do have a marine beam flashlight and can give a +1 for the workmanship