bought a new boat

Dec 7, 2012
Kittiwake 23, Irwin 43 .. Indianapolis / indianatown, fl
hello all

today I closed the deal on a 1971 Morgan 35'... she is beautiful... I could not pass up on the price... new bottom paint in '13, and Kubota 35 hp diesel inboard installed in '13... the boat looks great... I need to get a new mainsail for it... I need to install water temp gauge, oil pressure gauge, fuel level gauge, glow plug ignition, and starter switch for the motor...

otherwise it is ready for sailing... I can't wait to get the boat out on the water and go sailing...

sincerely
Jess

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
Congratulations! Photos or it didn't happen. :D

Dec 7, 2012
hello all

tonight I found the mainsail I need for my Morgan 35... I found it on e-bay... it is 6 inches shorter in height and 1 foot less on the foot of the sail, but it will do nicely... later I will have a new sail made for the boat to the exact size... but right now I just want to go sailing on it...

I got lucky tonight... bought my boat this morning, and got the needed mainsail this evening...

sincerely
Jess

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Does that hard bimini get in the way for sail handling?

Oct 9, 2013
Beneteau First 38 Belmont Harbor
Congrats Jess!

She looks very nice. Where will you be sailing her? You are near Indy – right?

Grew up in southern Indiana near Patoka Lake. Not many sailboats on Patoka Lake nor on Lake Monroe (near Bloomington). Did not do much sailing til I moved to Chicago.

Doug in Lakeview
1984 Beneteau First 38 – Hull #178
Belmont Harbor – Chicago

Dec 7, 2012
hello all

I am working on a transfer to Florida... hopefully to Tampa area to work for the Rail Road... My Morgan 35 is in Portsmouth, Virginia right now... I will move it down to Tampa when I get transferred...

I do not like the hard top Bimini... in my garage I have a soft Bimini... I will remove the hard top and install my soft top... I like to sail with the top down, and when I am stopped I will put up the soft top for shade....

sincerely
Jess

Feb 16, 2011
Macgregor 26X Michigan City, IN
You know the two best days for a boat owner?

1. The day you buy yur boat.

2. The day you sell it. :D

Feel free to come up to Chicago for some sailing.

hello all

tonight I found the mainsail I need for my Morgan 35... I found it on e-bay... it is 6 inches shorter in height and 1 foot less on the foot of the sail, but it will do nicely... later I will have a new sail made for the boat to the exact size... but right now I just want to go sailing on it...

I got lucky tonight... bought my boat this morning, and got the needed mainsail this evening...

sincerely
Jess

Oct 30, 2011
klidescope 30t norfolk
Morgan 35

I thought I recognized your boat I used to be over in Scott,s creek how,s Bill doing there,s a lot of nice people over there. Nice boat too always liked the Morgan's

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
hello all

I do not like the hard top Bimini... in my garage I have a soft Bimini... I will remove the hard top and install my soft top... I like to sail with the top down, and when I am stopped I will put up the soft top for shade....

sincerely
Jess
I agree.... that is a beautiful boat with even more potential for creating a masterpiece.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37 C sloop Punta Gorda FL
Congrats Jess all the best. Our two previous boats were Morgans . Good stuff.

Dec 7, 2012
hello all

sorry.... I am not from Portsmouth area.... I am from Indianapolis, Indiana... I have a friend who is in Newport News, Virginia... he helped me with getting my new boat... I do not know anyone but my friend down there...

I plan to move the boat to Florida when I transfer down there for work...

sincerely
Jess