Bottom Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2004
Hunter 170 Yorktown, VA
As the search function on the forum is less then stellar (Yea, I tried, but I got 0 results - When are they going to join the latter 1/2 of the 90s and get a real forum software package?) Sorry about the rant Any way I have an opportunity to leave my 170 in for the entire summer. As I am on the lower Chesapeake Bay, I would need to have some for of AF paint. I would like to use ablative paint as it makes sense to use this. I have some questions - 1 - Anyone done this yet on a 170? 2 - Do I need a barrier coat like on fiberglass? 3 - What about the CB & CB trunk? 4 - Think West Marine's Bottom Wax would work? Thanks for the help. John

B

bly

What is your search criteria?

John - Not knowing your search criteria, hard to comment on your nice little rant. But, when I go into the archives and search under: All models 2004 and 2005 Look for the terms in the message Original post I come up with many posts. Under the words "Ablative paint" there are 11 posts in 2004 and 15 posts in 2005. Opening up the search to "bottom paint" I find 109 posts in 2004 and 76 posts in 2005.

P

phlocker

bottom paint

my 146 is at the shop right now getting bottom painted. It is a real tough process espically since the waterline needs to be snapped and the bottom etched to hold the paint. Best to have a reputable shop do it first then you can do the yearly mtce.

Status
Not open for further replies.