Bottom Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Burch

I purchased a 1981 First 35 this winter. It is in New York. I am in Iowa. I think the bottom paint is Interlux 669. I am obviously putting it on an inland lake. Since it is on stands that belong to the marina where it is stored and all looks good, I intend to launch upon delivery ordering stands this summer. If I have a leak I will build a cradle under it in the lift and then pout. My plan is to fly to New York the week before transport and paint the bottom. I have done some work on sailboat bottoms before but they have always been someone elses. Just looking for some tips or things to be sure to do or not do before I jump in. I am leaving April 3 to do the deed.

J

Jim McDaniel

Where in NY is it?

Is the boat at a Marina now? If so, why not have them paint the bottom. It's a few bucks more, but usually around here, the cost of outhaul includes the labor to paint the bottom. It's still very chilly here on Long Island (the warmest part of the state) SO if your boat is north of here, expect it to be colder. Will you bring sanders, scrapers, overalls, breathers...etc... You may want to rethink this. Jim Beneteau 370

Status
Not open for further replies.