Bottom paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Patti

Anyone know a good yard or person in Georgia to have bottom paint done . Should I do it myself? I have a couple of small blisters and just sick about it. Any ideas Thank You

M

Marcus

Paint

Blisters should probably be checked out by the yard or a competent boater, but if it is just the paint blistering up, I have used a small putty knife to remove the blister (depending on its size). Bottom painting, I have found to be reasonably easy (my first attempt was a 34' Morgan). Just take your time doing the sanding then wipe clean with a tack cloth or wash thoroughly and allow to dry. I am by no means a professional and would certainly double check what a 'proper' procedure is. I imagine whomever you purchase the paint from could go over it with you, but personally, I don't think it is really an intimidating chore. Good Luck! Marcus

J

Jim Gruen

Fiberglass repair...

Patti... Check your local library for a book on fiberglass boat or hull repair... If you are going to re-paint, now is the time to fix the blisters and it is much easier than you might think... I can e-mail you some pics of my boat repair and a reference book title if you would like... Let me know... :) Good luck Jim jgruen@voyager.net

Status
Not open for further replies.