Bottom Paint for a Trailerable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2008
Hunter 20 Wilmington
If my 20' will be going in/out of salt water only a few times a year, and only 3 days at a time max., is bottom anti-foul paint necessary? Thanks

S

steve

bottom paint

I believe the answer will be no, think it's like 8 days to start growing anything. If you did pick up anything hose her down with the trailer after pulling out of salt water. Was that Wilmington N.C.?

Kidd

Apr 16, 2008
Hunter 20 Lake Lanier
It is probably better

if you do not use anti fouling paint if your boat lives on a trailer according to the West Marine paint guy I talked to.

Jan 23, 2008
Hunter 20 Wilmington
Final answer...

Yeah - Wilmington, NC. I also just talked to someone (a marine chemist) who told me that the copper dust from the dry paint on land can contaminate all sorts of things (including people)... and that many marinas don't even do the painting around here b/c they don't wanna be liable for the toxins in the adjacent water. So, it seems a pretty solid 'NOPE'. Not bad for my $$ either.

S

steve

invite

Check out NCSAIL.ORG, Great bunch of sailors! Trip planed to Lake Gaston first weekend in May. Come join us!

Jan 23, 2008
Hunter 20 Wilmington
Glad to hear....

...about NCSAIL.org. Tho I can't make it to Lake Gaston, I'll keep an eye on the calendar for events! Derelicte

C

crazy dave condon

I know paints and your area

email me at davecondon@mindspring.com I am in Zebulon and a sailboat dealer who knows how to answer your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.