Bomar Hatch in main cabin

Dec 25, 2018
ODay 34 262 Galesville MD
I have a 1984 34 ft and want to replace the lens on my Bomar hatch above the main cabin. I haven't taken it out as yet and was wondering if anyone knows the thickness of the lens itself.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Suggest removing it and taking it to retail acrylic plastic supplier to measure thickness with a caliper and order a replacement of same size and thickness.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2009
. . .
You could call Tony at Select Plastics (aka hatchmasters.com) and he'd probably know off the top of his head. Likely supply you the lens as well. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Dec 25, 2018
ODay 34 262 Galesville MD
Thanks for the good advice all around. Snowing here today and staying warm by the fire.

Jan 22, 2008
Oday 30 Stamford CT
If the plastic is only hazy from the sun you can rub the plastic with a wax with a cleaner or use a fine compound and will be able to bring the finish back to almost new. I use the Collinite #870 cleaner/wax on mine and it works great.

Jan 27, 2008
ODay 35 Beaufort, NC
Auto stores sell a kit to restore faded headlight lenses. It comes with a compound and an application pad. Works pretty good on the plastic in the hatches. I did my v-berth hatch last year and was happy with the result.