Bomar Hatch Gasket Material

Jan 13, 2015
Hunter 34 Deep Bay, BC
My '83 Hunter 34 has four Bomar hatches, and all the gasket material is in tough shape. I was going to replace it with the original thing, but the price stunned me. This is nothing more than 1/2"Ø rubber with an adhesive strip on it. Is there anything else out there that will do the job and not cost a fortune?

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
I bought the replacement stuff from right here on this site. Best price I could find and it fir perfectly.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Buy it from the store here. It fits perfectly, and the price is cheaper than ordering it from Bomar (Pompanette).

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
Buy it from the store here. It fits perfectly, and the price is cheaper than ordering it from Bomar (Pompanette).
+1 We previously purchased something similar but different and after a month or so it began to leak. So I bought the part listed for my hatches from this site and voila!

Apr 22, 2011
Hunter 27 Pecan Grove, Oriental, NC
I installed the Trim-Lok 1/2" closed cell gasket that Terry Cox mentioned. It's been two years with no leaks. I used 3M 4799 Black Industrial Adhesive, 5 Ounce to glue the ends together and attach to the hatch. It came in a 25' roll and should be enough for 3 hatches.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
The stuff from the store here has an adhesive strip built in, and it works. So you would have no extra stuff to buy, so mess, no cleanup, no tools needed except scissors or a razor blade.

Don't do what I did. I originally bought "other" stuff locally, plus adhesive. It didn't do the job. Then I had to buy adhesive remover, and spend four hours removing the old material, the adhesive, the adhesive residue, and so on. When it was done, I had doubled or tripled the cost of the project trying to save a few bucks, and I was out four hours instead of 20 minutes.

Your boat, your choice.

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
This will probably need to be my next repair project. I have a little leak in my forward hatch on my 212. Thank you for posting.