Boat Transportation Service Recommendation

Fleet

Feb 8, 2021
Catalina 310 108 Lake Guntersville
Catalina 310 #108 is now mine. Now I need to get it from Texas to Alabama. Any recommendations on a trucking service to move it to Alabama?

rukidn

Apr 23, 2012
Catalina 310 258 Sandusky, OH
Congratulations!
We used Uship auction to move from TX to OH. Timing wasn't as desired, but we did get our boat in one piece. Check reviews though. About $5K for yard prep, step mast, bottom job, prop work, shipping, and launch + mast on. I believe shipping was ~$3,500. Will need to work with the yard regarding arrival since carrier will want to unload immediately. Ours went straight in the water. Took much work to remove thousands of bugs splattered all over it, but the price we pay for 65mph sailboat.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
I used deep water transport based out of Washington, NC. They provided a great service in transporting my boat from Charleston to New Orleans. Good communications and no mishaps. www.deepwatertransport.com

Fleet

Feb 8, 2021
Catalina 310 108 Lake Guntersville
Thanks. I've posted the shipment to uship but haven't received any responses. Will try deepwater and see what they say.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Excellent news @Fleet we will have 3 310s, that seems like a class race in Lake Guntersville

Apr 16, 2019
Catalina 310 107 Rogersville, AL
I've had Sailors Moving Sailors (sailorsmovingsailors.com, Derek Leslie) out of Nashville recommended to me but ended up buying a local boat. One stop shop - he steps the mast at both ends and does all the mast packing and loading.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
@Cat310_107 when you moving down to the lake? 4 310s racing in the Great RIver Race would be awesome!

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Excellent news @Fleet we will have 3 310s, that seems like a class race in Lake Guntersville
I've had Sailors Moving Sailors (sailorsmovingsailors.com, Derek Leslie) out of Nashville recommended to me but ended up buying a local boat. One stop shop - he steps the mast at both ends and does all the mast packing and loading.
We have used derek Leslie- Sailor moving sailors to move our 310 from Ky Lake to Lake Erie, He did an excellant Job and we would use him again!
I would hope all those 310 's have joined the #310 association, helps us all!

Apr 16, 2019
Catalina 310 107 Rogersville, AL
@Cat310_107 when you moving down to the lake? 4 310s racing in the Great RIver Race would be awesome!
Tempting, certainly @JRT ...and it would be "up" the river one lake ;). I need to learn more about sailing there vs. Wheeler. Wheeler is more on the plains and very open, windy vs. the mountains/foothills of Guntersville.

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
I don't have a recommendation but when I shipped our boat, I saved some money by waiting until they had a delivery in my area and an empty truck that would have to deadhead back empty.

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
We used Boat Logistics (Boat Logistics - Moving Any Boat, Anytime!) out of Michigan, and were very pleased. I don't know their range as it was a mid-western origin. That said, we did not find them through any type of internet search or recommendations, but by word of mouth from other transporters who were too busy or did not want the business. Most of these companies are smaller, specialty transporters, but they seem to all know each other. We called around, and ended every call by asking if they could recommend their competition, and they are only too happy to pass the business along. Strange in this day-and-age, but it seems very collegial.