Boat graphics

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I was going to replace my worn out boat name graphics on the stern. I defaulted to BoatUS and laid it out on their designer. The bill comes to a little over $200! It's "Bella Luna" in 8" tall letters. Is that typical? Is there a less expensive place? Maybe I need to wait for a sale.
Word to the wise. When I first ordered my home port graphics I had them curved to follow the scoop. Well it placed them right where my ladder rests when it is down, Tore the new letters. I reordered them straight across.

Bella.jpg

• Helpful
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
The key to the cost is the base material and finding a vendor that will "Cut" out each letter.

I own a HP Design Jet 42" wide printer that can cut out each letter in many fonts.

The materials and the right color, makes up most of the Costs.

$200 seems about right.
Jim...

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Thanks Jim. I'll wait for their sale then. They send the cut letters on a backing sheet that makes it easy to apply

Sep 20, 2014
Rob Legg RL24 Chain O'Lakes
An internet search brings back several options for vinyl lettering in that size, most of which is under 25 bucks. Even cheaper yet, there are several web pages that support printing your own. Print to sticky back paper and cut out the stencil. Stick the stencil on and paint on the lettering. That should last much longer than vinyl.

ebsail

Nov 28, 2010
O day 25 Nyack. New York
Also just had boat name and hailing port done by local shop here in Owings Mill MD. two copies . One each side of the hull. Total cost . About $80

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Well alrighty then. I'll take a pic to our local shops and see what they can do. We like to support local business anyway. Covid has shut a lot of small operators down, but lets not go there!

Thanks for all your input !!

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
Well alrighty then. I'll take a pic to our local shops and see what they can do. We like to support local business anyway. Covid has shut a lot of small operators down, but lets not go there!

Thanks for all your input !!
I used "Full Moon Signs and Graphics" to replace all of mine. On Central just East of Washington. Don't recall cost, it was 7-8 years ago.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I used "Full Moon Signs and Graphics" to replace all of mine. On Central just East of Washington. Don't recall cost, it was 7-8 years ago.
I'll check them out. We used someone downtown 15 years ago on the MacGregor but that doesn't sound like them.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I would check out local sign makers as post #5 from Dave. We've done that and were impressed with the abilities they had. We had at least 2 boats done that way. I don't remember price but I'm sure is less than 1/2 of the $200.

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
I designed and had a local shop print it for $75View attachment 189068
Very nice! When we were considering our renaming and we were stuck on adding the word “Blow“ to part of the boat name, she suggested “Blowing Through the Jasmine”. I told her too many syllables. We hadn’t considered Summer Breeze. Dammit Wayne! Nice job on yours @Sailnobroblem , fellow S and C fan.

We‘ve used these folks often for our vinyl. Custom Boat Lettering, Boat Names, and Numbers Designed Online

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Just purchased 12" tall boat name and 6" tall hailing port decals from BoatUS for $128. Might change the height and font to reduce the cost.

Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
We used Boat US but that was 11 years ago. Since then I’ve been told that Fast Signs which is a franchise organization does a nice job. If there is a location near you, you might want to check with them