Boat for sale

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
Ah yes...shrooms. He did look a bit like a tea drinker, or perhaps just a drinker.

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
I just had to laugh out loud when I realized that he actually connected two power boats stern to stern to make one large hull. Twin outboard engines, new sail with graphics, built in flotation and real fake wood grain topsides make this boat a steal at $14,900 but only if the car hood ornament is included.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2015
I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist posting this video that the seller posted. Old POS motors are mounted "amidship" and the Viking vessel is steered by varying the speed of the motor...and some sort of rudder. Yep, kids would love this thing, and such an incredible price?

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
That I beam is some hunk of steel to attach to an aluminum hull. I'm not sure it wouldn't tear out the bottoms of the aluminum hulls it's attached to.

Jan 18, 2016
Catalina 387 Dana Point
A design right up there with the Flyin' Hawaiian for sheer insanity of it all.

Twin screw power! A big steel thing attached to some aluminium stuff.. What could go wrong there?

I've got some nutball ideas sometimes, but sheesh... some of what gets actually made is bizzare.

Nov 30, 2015
I would love to see the look on the face of the marine surveyor!
I'd love to meet the shakedown crew. What's scary is that this "Fabrication" has occurred just 2 hours from where I live. I have yet to meet any real NY rednecks up here. This could be a first for me.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I'd love to meet the shakedown crew. What's scary is that this "Fabrication" has occurred just 2 hours from where I live. I have yet to meet any real NY rednecks up here. This could be a first for me.
You haven't met any real upstate NY rednecks yet? You need to get out of Ithaca and Tompkins County!

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
I'd probably have been interested in 1 of those Starcraft boats before he stripped them down and stuck 'em together...

Apr 19, 2012
O'Day Daysailor 17 Nevis MN
He claims to be a "Mechanical Engineer" but I doubt he's certified or even has a degree.

Those of us who do get annoyed by people who claim to be something they aren't.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
He claims to be a "Mechanical Engineer" but I doubt he's certified or even has a degree.

Those of us who do get annoyed by people who claim to be something they aren't.
@BudGates
I'm a lowly chemist but even I thought.... engineer my arse. That I-beam "keel" is the most ridiculous thing I've very seen. The welding on those tabs looks like my cat did them. I don't even have a cat. And explain to me how that is going to move smoothly through the water. An I-beam weighs 40lb/foot so... at 39 feet he has added 1560 pounds of dead weight to this very low free board "boat".

And he tried to sell the advertising value of this boat. Really? Would you be inspired to buy from an ad on the side of that monstrosity?

Crazy!