Boat coshions & hull lining

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brandon

Does anyone have a set of old cushions for a Ranger 26 that they would like to part with? I am interested in them even if they are not in good shape. Also has anyone ever replaced a cloth hull lining? The hull lining in my Ranger 26 has been removed and what is left is a layer of thin brown spongy stuff that was probably adhesive at one time, but will not come off.

D

David Irwin

Hull Liner

It sounds like the hull liner wass originally a vinyl sheet bonded to a polyester based foam., would guess a 1/4" thick. The polyester foam backed liner disintergrates with age but the original adhesive lives on. You might try "Goo Gone" or mineral Spirtits to se if it lossens the old adhesive and what left of the foam sticking to it. Soak small areas and work with a 1" putty knife. When replaceing the Hull Liner material go to an outfit like "Soundown" or "Noviteck" for some 1/4" or 1/2" hull linner (depending on your available space" with a polyether based backing (the good stuff). You can find the both on the internet. Sound down has a informative site as to all manner of sound damping solutions. I have had good exsperience with them over the years, they know there stuff. Good Luck Dave Irwin s/v Mary Ellen Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.