Boat Command product

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
I just installed a Boat Command system in my Hunter 41. It wasn't very hard and most functions of the system can be installed right at the nav station behind the AC and DC panels. It seems to be the least expensive boat monitoring and control system on the market. The tech support team is very fast and easy to deal with. I only had one question that turned out to be a non issue. It seems to be functioning as designed and advertised and I'm very happy to be able to "see" my boat. I just had my Magnum charger/inverter go belly up and of course the fridge and freezer sucked the house bank down to 10 volts before it all shut off and I didn't discover it for four days. All seems well and the batteries seem to have come back but I'm sure their little lives have been shortened considerably from the experience. Had I installed the system earlier, it was on my to do list, I might have saved the contents of the fridge and freezer along with being kinder to my house bank. I have set the text function up to alert me to absence of shore power, battery voltage below 12.25 and any movement of more than 20 yards. It also counts bilge turn activation and run time and can be setup with high water alarm. I chose it for the price point but it does seem to work well. I hope longevity is not an issue but I believe it will text me for non communication, a new question for tech support.